cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Home Broadband/Home Phone Archive) o2.co.uk Email Black Hole

Anonymous
Not applicable

It appears that email sent to people who previously had o2.co.uk email addresses, but did not transfer to sky broadband, emails sent to their o2. accounts are black holed. Smiley Frustrated

Will O2 or Sky implement something to stop the black hole. i.e. generate a message to sate that a email address is not valid for the sender?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

That seems strange as both POP access and webmail are still working for me.

This is from Sky

If you’re a Home Broadband customer, you can continue to use the following o2.co.uk email services:

• O2 mail (both webmail and email client access)
  • Plus any secondary o2.co.uk email accounts you may have (email accounts for up to 9 different addresses, only for Home Broadband customers)
  • Your online Address book                                                                                                                                 
  • SMTP relay (sending of emails from another email address, via o2 relay, used by some Home Broadband customers on dynamic IP addresses)

#siwy
Message 11 of 13

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@browni It seems to be a phased closure. Mine is totally shutdown since April but the OH's is still active.

O2 has changed their position since the date of that post from Sky.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 12 of 13

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

@aldaweb wrote:

@browni It seems to be a phased closure. Mine is totally shutdown since April but the OH's is still active.

O2 has changed their position since the date of that post from Sky.

Hmmm, this is a rather old thread!

O2's mail servers are still working for me but I imagine that they will finally close down on 31st July as that is when the Be Email service closes (http://beusergroup.co.uk/?id=986)

#siwy
Message 13 of 13