cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - Who to Contact And When

Anonymous
Not applicable

From time to time we as customers have issues with o2. We may have a faulty handset, signal issues, billing issues or we may just need help on how to use our phone.

But when should we contact o2?
By what method?
And in what timescale should we expect to get a reply?

This guide might help. ......

Live Chat - suitable for

Low level non-account enquiries.
Mainly run by offshore call centres.
Responses are generally immediate.

Customer Services (contract) - suitable for

All enquiries including:
Billing
Payments
Direct Debits
Faults
Handset Advice
Sales
Tariff changes
Advice on tariffs
Contract termination
PAC codes
PUK codes
And much much more. Customer Services can be reached on 202 from your o2 mobile or 0344 809 0202 from any other phone.

Customer Services (payg) - suitable for

Much the same as contract. Customer Services for payg can be reached on 4445 from your o2 mobile.

Responses are generally immediate once through but call wait times can vary.

Complaints - suitable for issues that Customer Service have been unable to resolve.

From time to time we may need to complain if something hasn't gone to plan. We are all human, yes even o2 staff, and occasionally things may go wrong. If, after liaising with customer services your issue remains, you can send a complaint via email to:

complaintreviewservice@o2.com

You will need to include your name, o2 mobile number and full details of the complaint. But please remember someone has to read this. A 25000 word essay is too much. Include the facts but keep it as brief as you can. Less is more.

Typical timescales? Officially you should receive a confirmation email within 24 hours and a full response within 28 days although in most cases 10 working days is the norm.

At the end of the complaints review service investigation one of two outcomes is likely:

1. A suitable resolution may be offered acceptable to both parties to conclude the complaint or.....

2. O2 will offer their Final Response to your complaint. The Final Response is commonly referred to as a "deadlock letter" although it may not actually be a letter, it may also be an email but will not be the spoken word without a written follow up. (Note if a Final Response or deadlock is issued, o2 will provide details on how to contact the Ombudsman Service with this - they are required to do so).

You have two choices if a Final Response is issued:

1. Accept you have gone as far as you can and that the complaint has not been upheld or....

2. You can now send your complaint to the Ombudsman Service (you CANNOT do this before going through the complaint review service first).

However IF the complaint review service had not answered your complaint within 8 weeks then you can also go to the Ombudsman Service.

There is no fee to pay as a consumer, o2 will have to pay for the referral to the Ombudsman Service. Investigations may take time and when you send your complaint through the Ombudsman Service will notify you, normally in writing, of an estimated timeframe.

It should be noted that decisions made by the Ombudsman Service are not legally binding however in practice o2 usually accept their decisions.

Finally if all else fails and you still feel you have a case you can take o2 to the Small Claims Court. There are fees payable by you when you apply. If you win your case then the Judge can order o2 to repay your fees. However be advised if you were to lose your case you could end up paying o2's legal fees which, if solicitors are involved could cost.

I hope this guide has been helpful.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you @Anonymous for compiling this self help thread.

I think this should be added to the Index of Help Threads originally compiled by MI5 please @Toby
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks @Anonymous

Hopefully this will be a useful post for others to see.
Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Thanks for this post @Anonymous  Gives clear advice which will be very helpful....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Yeah i went through the procedure and never got far as the complaints for an actual real reply

Although i resolved the telephone issues i had remaining myself. Needless to say this is the handset i will be purchasing directly through o2.

Not to say, o2 are entirely responsible alas they don't share any responsibility or blame either.

Procedures are there to be followed. My experience was bad although some may find the experience more helpful.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 5 of 10

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
The last handset i should say.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 6 of 10

anticpated