cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 4 and metal housed Galaxy Alpha release dates

Anonymous
Not applicable

Samasung will be announcing the release dates and specs of the awaited Galaxy Note 4 and the much hyped Galaxy alpha wich is due to be incased in brushed Aluminium..  The announcement of the release dates is expected to be 3rd of September at the Samsung Media conference, 

The Galaxy Note 4 is rumoured to have a 5.7-inch screen with a QHD resolution of 2560 x 1440 - the same as the brilliant LG G3 and double that of most other smartphones. We also expect a powerful quad-core processor, three gigs of RAM, a fingerprint scanner, heart rate monitor and the S Pen, Samsung’s useful little stylus which has always given the Note an edge over the phablet competition.

As for the Galaxy Alpha, we expect this to have a 4.8-inch screen with a 720p HD resolution and specs which will place it in the mid-range of the smartphone market - a curious move, given Samsung will surely want to pitch its premium metal design against the iPhone 6 when it arrives in September.

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
The premium is in the steel case. An understanding of manufacturing constraints and costs would make it obvious.

Whilst I agree with your comments Rich, I personally have limited understanding of the constraints you mention. wink

I am still surprised that Samsung are releasing this model at the same time as the Note 4. Surely they could end up 'shooting themselves in the foot'  by offering TWO phones to choose from....

Particularly when reports suggest that the Alpha is in no way a flagship model...but is costing a flagship price?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 31