cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 4 and metal housed Galaxy Alpha release dates

Anonymous
Not applicable

Samasung will be announcing the release dates and specs of the awaited Galaxy Note 4 and the much hyped Galaxy alpha wich is due to be incased in brushed Aluminium..  The announcement of the release dates is expected to be 3rd of September at the Samsung Media conference, 

The Galaxy Note 4 is rumoured to have a 5.7-inch screen with a QHD resolution of 2560 x 1440 - the same as the brilliant LG G3 and double that of most other smartphones. We also expect a powerful quad-core processor, three gigs of RAM, a fingerprint scanner, heart rate monitor and the S Pen, Samsung’s useful little stylus which has always given the Note an edge over the phablet competition.

As for the Galaxy Alpha, we expect this to have a 4.8-inch screen with a 720p HD resolution and specs which will place it in the mid-range of the smartphone market - a curious move, given Samsung will surely want to pitch its premium metal design against the iPhone 6 when it arrives in September.

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

make you right! i still have a d600 i think in my loft in its box 

Message 21 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
When phones bounced and laughed it off. wink
Message 22 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

you got that right bob, now if you drop a phone even by an inch the screen shatters and the lcd bleeds

Message 23 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use an apple leather official case and tempered glass screen protector to try and stop that and I'm ubra careful. slight_smile
Message 24 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 25 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not sure that would be 'wetting any whistle' of mine!

£550 for the pleasure of owning a phone that is hardly a flagship model??

(In that... prior to this thread I had never heard of the Galaxy Alpha)....

With the Note 4 soon to be released, this would hold no interest....for me slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 31

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Not something I would consider buying myself, especially when I expect the Note 4 to be pitched at a similar price.

Message 27 of 31

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

€550 or £550, 2 entirely different prices quoted 

Either way I'm not bowled over by it Smiley Indifferent

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 28 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
The Galaxy Alpha comes across as a competitor to the S4 / S5 as well as iPhone rather than a ground breaking handset given its 4.7 inch screen.

Compared to the Note 4? If prices are similar I know which direction I would take.
Message 29 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The premium is in the steel case. An understanding of manufacturing constraints and costs would make it obvious.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 30 of 31