Did you mean: 

Friends and family

Leedsgooner
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I used to work for o2 and am still on the 50% staff discount on a standard 24 month contract, i am now due an upgrade and realise that i would lose my discount but my wife still works for o2 and could get me a 39% discount. I understand that only refresh tariffs are available now so what would be my best way of getting the best discount if i upgrade ?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Leedsgooner 

Welcome to the forum. Here is a link which should provide you with all the info you need

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Open-and-Friends-and-Family-Discount-Schemes...

As long as you get your contract directly from O2 you can apply for the discount.
It doesn't matter if in store or on line as you claim the discount within the first month of starting the contract.

Edited to add. On refresh the discount is only applied to the airtime part of the contract...not the handset plan

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Leedsgooner 

Welcome to the forum. Here is a link which should provide you with all the info you need

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Open-and-Friends-and-Family-Discount-Schemes...

As long as you get your contract directly from O2 you can apply for the discount.
It doesn't matter if in store or on line as you claim the discount within the first month of starting the contract.

Edited to add. On refresh the discount is only applied to the airtime part of the contract...not the handset plan

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

Leedsgooner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, does that mean my wife (an o2 employee) can apply for 50% off my airtime portion ?

Thank you

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You need to ask her for one of her codes and then text it in as per the instructions above.
She will then have to confirm the code when she is on the intranet at work and the 50% will be applied to your airtime tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4