Did you mean: 

Evernote: App Discussion and Feedback Thread

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Some of you may have seen the discussion that took place a few days ago about a great app called Evernote.

Well, we're working with the Evernote team to make sure all O2 Pay Monthly, Pay & Go and Business customers get Evernote Premium for 1 year – only on O2!

If you already have it follow the below steps to get it for free and find out how useful it is! 

Now if you need to know how to get it just follow these steps-

1). Visit our microsite at  www.o2.co.uk/perks/evernote-premium

2). Here you can create an account or sign-in to an existing account before upgrading to Premium for free

OR

3). If you already have Evernote downloaded if you log-in using a 3G or 4G data connection then you’ll be routed seamlessly to upgrade to Evernote Premium – this can take up to 24 hours though!

If you have any trouble with this registration do let us know so we can look into this for you 

We've created this community thread so that those of you who have downloaded Evernote can let us know what you think about the features or if you have any questions about it.

Below is some helpful info on setting up:

1. How do I get it?

To get to Evernote premium for free all you need to do is visit our site at (http://www.o2.co.uk/perks/evernote-premium) and follow the steps.

If you have downloaded the Evernote app and access it through a 3G or 4G connection on an Apple or Android device then you will be prompted for a premium upgrade (this can take up to 24 hours). Once prompted just follow the in-app steps and enjoy premium! For PC and Blackberry users please see the below

If customers are using BB or PC they will need to complete their Premium upgrade by using and iPhone, Android, or Windows Phone. They can do this by signing into Evernote on one of these device with their SIM inside using the 3G or 4G data network.

1. Am I eligible?

If you are an O2 UK customer, you are eligible for 12 months free usage of Evernote Premium, valid from the day you register. This includes Pay Monthly, Pay & Go, data-only SIMs (e.g. iPad, Android tablets and O2 Dongle/Mobile Broadband) and Business customers are also eligible. But anyone can create an account, just follow the links!

1. I’ve got an O2 data for my iPad or a Mobile Broadband SIM – am I eligible?

Yes, you’ll need to create an account through (http://www.o2.co.uk/perks/evernote-premium)  and follow the steps. After account creation you will be re-directed to Evernote app where using your data connection you will be able to automatically upgrade to premium.

1. What if my business device is locked?

Please check with the administrator in your organisation, as we don’t have the ability to unlock devices if it’s your company policy.

1. Why isEvernote Premium better than the free version?

With Premium you receive increased data storage so you never have to worry about running out of space again. You can also access everything you store offline, to relieve the stress of trying to find a data connection or to simple allow you to access your data at ease! You can keep track and organise your notes to personalise it to just how you like it. Premium also comes with handwriting recognition and PDF text search so you can find your data by searching a key word. Worried about security? Then add a passcode to your data, only on Premium!

1. What security’s in place to make sure no-one can see my data?

With Evernote Premium, you can put a passcode lock on your notebooks so that nobody can access them but you.

Evernote Premium also offers two-step verification (also known as two-factor authentication), which keeps your account secure even if somebody learns your password. It does this by requesting a 6-digit verification code (delivered via text message) whenever you’re asked to provide your username and password. This will usually only happen when you log into Evernote Web or install it on a new device. This combination of something you know (your password) and something you have (your phone) makes two-step verification a significant security improvement over passwords alone.

1. What happens after the 12 months of free usage?

If you don’t do anything, you’ll be automatically downgraded to the free version of Evernote and you’ll lose access toEvernote Premium features. If you wish to continue your subscription, you can upgrade again through Evernote’s standard subscription process and pay via credit or debit card.

1. Will I incur additional data charges?

No more than with any other app you use.

1. How do I get help?

For any issues downloading, installing or using Evernote apps, please check the support information on Evernote’s site: http://evernote.com/contact/support/

As an Evernote Premium customer you are guaranteed priority treatment if you raise a support inquiry or raise a problem through this site.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 106
105 REPLIES 105

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you mean http://evernote.o2.co.uk/

Message 2 of 106

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Thanks for flagging azahoth! I've amended it.

Get involved:

Message 3 of 106

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

I already have an evernot pro subscription, if i sign up will this extend it for another 12 months from the date i sign up?

Also how long is this offer on for, eg can i sign up wehn my current subscriton finshes in March?

Update

Just signed up and it added it on to my existing subscription so 12 months start after my current subscription ends. slight_smile

Message 4 of 106

Anonymous
Not applicable

You will get 120 points added to your evernote account which I presume you can redeem towards the end of this offer.

Message 5 of 106

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi azahoth,

You can redeem your points now if you like – if you use the points for a free year, your current premium subscription will be placed on hold, and the O2 free year will run its course (then your existing/current offer will resume and run its course).

Also just to that everyone is aware that is trying Evernote for the first time, the points system is only relevant for existing users.

I hope that helps!

Get involved:

Message 6 of 106

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep that what happened to me. I had premium 12 months since a few weeks ago actually, logged into the site via mobile network (today) and then it said I was 120 points in credit!

I presume I can if I want, allow my existing 12 month expire till this time next year and then redeem those 120 points for another 12 months?

Message 7 of 106

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where do I drop in the SMS code? It's just asking me to pay to upgrade to premium without the option to redeem the offer
Message 8 of 106

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi azahoth,

You can use them now if you like, or wait until you need another subscription slight_smile

Get involved:

Message 9 of 106

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Thanks Toby, I may have to try out Evernote. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 106