cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encrypted SMS messages from Turkey

Anonymous
Not applicable

i am supposed to receive encrypted SMS text message from a bank in Turkey in order to gain internet access. The process is initiated on line but the SMS never arrived. System worked flawlessly for 5 years, but stopped end of last year. Bank says it is O2 blocking the messages. O2  say it is Tirkish  bank not sending with right configuration. Anyone got a clue as to what might be the problem. I receive text messages from others in Turkey with no problems but these are not encrypted.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
No idea mate.
Maybe @Toby can get some info for you. I'd send him a private message with some details.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Check with your bank in Turkey that they are using the correct dialling code and number. Also check your own phone to see if you have inadvertently blocked that number.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Do you have any idea which network the bank use. There seems to be the same problem on giffgaff with customers not receiving banking texts via Turkcell network. Have a read through the five pages to see what others have done.

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Support/Not-receiving-SMS-from-Turkey/td-p/15282113

Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I doubt this has anything to do with O2.....I receive similar texts from La Caixa bank in Spain and have no problem at all...

Edited to add .....I fully expected there would be issues as La Caixa recently took over Barclays ES and I was with Barclays ES initially

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, please send me a private message and we can have a chat as @MI5 has described, seeing as you have already tried to rectify this with customer service.

Cheers!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 6