cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email password

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI,

Can anyone tell me how to change the password on my email account? also will it affect my sub accounts?

I have changed the password in My O2 but it doesn't appear to have altered my email 

Regards

Duncan

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Are you talking about O2 webmail?
If so, you need to do it from your account settings but as webmail is about to completely shut down you may find some or all services have now ceased to function.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Are you talking about O2 webmail?
If so, you need to do it from your account settings but as webmail is about to completely shut down you may find some or all services have now ceased to function.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I use outlook to get my mail and rarely webmail , I have had some PC issues and am wanting to change all my passwords.

Duncan
Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
OK, so outlook is linked to your windows id so it's your windows id password you need to change.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, I thought outlook stored the o2 mail account details and used them to login to my email account with o2. I'm pretty sure I used to use my o2 passwords within outlook and also on my iPhone.
I'll look into the Windows id, though not sure if I even have one lol

Duncan
Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, it will be your O2 password if you are polling o2 webmail, but as I said, it's closing in about 2 weeks time so you may not be able to do anything with it now.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
So it looks like I shall have to use my SKY address then... A sad day... Thanks for your responses

Duncan
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that the reason that my o2.com.uk email has all gone to ****** ???

Harvey

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Harvey

Most likely - if you were on o2 webmail, you won't be for much longer, if at all, now.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Harvey

one

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 10 of 12