cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data tariff question

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

I was wondering if there was a tariff that specializes in data MB. I don't usually call or text on my iphone, but i would love to spend my tariff mainly on internet usage on the go. 

If anyone has any idea or thought about this, I would kindly appricate it. slight_smile

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

pay and go or contract  @Maj123 ?

Message 2 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

There are some tariffs that will give you up to 20GB of data, but they're not cheap and they only come with a phone. A sim only tariff will get you 8GB of data.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no idea. I'm new to when it comes to these things. 

All i'm asking is that I would like something for me to be able to surf the internet on the go. I don't really care about calls and texts. I would also want it cheap. Please give me some suggestions.

Message 4 of 16

Bambino
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You have no idea about what? It's a simple question. Do you want a Pay & Go tariff or do you want to be on a monthly contract? The criteria are different for both. If you're unsure, this page has all of O2's tariffs:

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/all-tariffs

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Monthly contract
Message 6 of 16

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

O2's contract pricing for sim only can be found here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/simplicity

Pay as you go pricing is also on the O2 website.

Tariffs are increasingly becoming all about the data with most these days having unlimited minutes and texts but varying data.

If your only concern is data use on your iPhone you may find better deals elsewhere as other networks have different data offers including unlimited data deals such as those offered by 3 and virgin media. You would be advised to check coverage suits your needs though first

Message 7 of 16

Bambino
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Do you want to buy a new phone or just get a sim to use in the phone you already have?

Sorry @davethorp We posted at the same time. Your reply is much more detailed and would probably be more to the point of what the OP is looking for.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help guys. I wanted to stick to my phone number, but if I have to find another provider to fill my needs then so be it...

Message 9 of 16

davethorp
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your help guys. I wanted to stick to my phone number, but if I have to find another provider to fill my needs then so be it...

If you want to keep your phone number you can call O2 up and request a PAC code. Give that to your new provider and your number should go across the next working day. There is a guide on here that I'm sure one of the more regulars than I will post a link to shortly

Never mind I found it http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/544270#U544270

Message 10 of 16