cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I'm a bit confused. I pre-ordered a Sony Z2 which shows on the site will be available from April 28th. I'm looking forward to receving this and therefore thought i would have a'Chat' with customer services to see if the date had changed at all.

I was excited to hear that it would be dispatched shortly. This was a few days ago. No emails for dispatch So chat again, yes this will be disptached today...And again today, will be dispatched today. 

So i thought great! O2 have got some devices early...But to my supprise none of the above appears to be true.

I dont undertsand how the customer service teams can give me all diffrent dates for dispatch etc. 

Please advise, confused.

Thanks

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

They have probably seen that the status of the order is set to "order dispatch in progress" or something similar, which in an ordinary world would mean it is being dispatched, but it will also be stuck at that for pre-orders as well and they haven't taken that into account.

Had a cheeky play with the Z2 the other week, it's pretty nice, feels lovely in the hand.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Check your spam folder.

Such is the fast pace of their ordering systems it's always catching up.

Perhaps speak to cs in the uk if You've been using live chat.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

O2 link on tracking http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

This link suggests checking your MyO2.

"Sign in with your username and password. If you've forgotten these, don't worry, we can send you a reminder here. Once you've signed in, go to My Orders and then follow the instructions."
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply.:) No emails in Spam and no details about the order on my account :(.

It's hard to get time to call O2 that's why i use on-line chat. Surely the guys on the chat system should have the correct information?
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately not most of the time that's why we don't suggest using them normally
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally I've found live chat ok for general issues but have not used them for account based issues.

I would suggest if you can then make the time to make contact.
Message 5 of 16

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

the date given next to the handset for pre release orders in the o2 shop pages is the only reliable guide  normally released on that day if it changes i.e. earlier or later that page will update

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies. It still doesnt make sense why they are saying it will be disptached today/yesterday or whenever. Surley if there logging into my account to check it would say pre-order expecting 28thApril etc etc.

Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

We've come across despatch dates and times changing I'm afraid.

Hopefully cs can assist or wait for the communication from O2 and keep looking in your MyO2.
Message 8 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Live chat seem to have a tendency to say what the customer would like to hear rather than having the correct information at hand.
As Adam says the best option is the official link or speaking to customer service and not via chat.
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

They have probably seen that the status of the order is set to "order dispatch in progress" or something similar, which in an ordinary world would mean it is being dispatched, but it will also be stuck at that for pre-orders as well and they haven't taken that into account.

Had a cheeky play with the Z2 the other week, it's pretty nice, feels lovely in the hand.

Message 10 of 16