cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint o2 priority - NO free ticket & no money back -yet!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Used a code two days ago on o2 priority to get a free ticket for t in the park.   The deal was buy a ticket get another ticket free.   When my reciept came it said 1 ticket and I knew something was wrong.

I then phoned o2 and talked to a variety of people over 30 minutes.   None of them could help me, so they put me through to someone from ticketmaster, who took 40 minutes to pick up their phone while I waited on hold.  Was also talking to someone from o2's online help chat, so altogether about 2.5 hours of my Wednesday free time.

A lady from ticketmaster investigated my problem,  talked to manager etc, and they were as confused as me.   In the end they said I was supposed to buy 2 tickets and that the second one would be the free one. 

Nothing on the order page said that.   And nothing online either.  Everywhere it just said buy a ticket and get another one for free using the code , which I used.   She said because I only put 1 ticket in my order, and paid for that, they assume it's the 1 ticket I wanted and I didn't want one free.  ??? WHAT!?

I was told 'if it was free bread you'd have to take two loaves to the till, wouldn't you.'  Duh!

So I had to cancel my order, and that cost me extra money, and my refund is still in limbo.  This is a disgrace.    Cancelling o2 altogether after this.  

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

I'll tag @KimberleyH who is our Priority expert and may be able to offer some assistance.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 32

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm Toby, the community head, please send me a PM andwe can have a chat and see what can be done.

Cheers 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 3 of 32

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22946 Posts
  • 1024 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

The offer does sound confusing, but if you cancel your contract completely because of this you will still have to pay what's left. Obviously you're unhappy about this, but if you cancel in the heat of the moment, you will have even more problems. Calm down before you do anything rash. If you want to lodge a formal complaint, use this link: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 32

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

The offer does sound confusing, but if you cancel your contract completely because of this you will still have to pay what's left. Obviously you're unhappy about this, but if you cancel in the heat of the moment, you will have even more problems. Calm down before you do anything rash. If you want to lodge a formal complaint, use this link: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Good advice. Liase with @Toby and then complaints if necessary.

Message 5 of 32

KimberleyH
Level 4: Observant
  • 57 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi there

We're sorry to hear about your experience.

When you bought tickets, did you follow the link from the Priority website or go directly to the Ticketmaster website?

You wouldn't need a code to buy these tickets. Please could you confirm where you were asked for a code, as this doesn't sound quite right.

Thanks

Kim

Message 6 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Actually this sort of thing is common on a lot of online sites. Boots.com is the one that springs to mind. They do a 3 for 2 offer. You have to put 3 items in your basket ...at checkout you are only charged for two.

I shop online most of the time so am used to it now....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 32

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It makes sense, surely?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Also my other half was events manager at the Civic Hall by us. They often sell tickets for gigs where you buy 4 and get two free. You have to purchase the 4 (or put them in your basket) when you pay you are only charged for 2.

So yes it does make sense to me....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 32

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
"The computer" wouldn't know otherwise.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 32