cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing to married name on contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anybody got any experience of changing their name on contract when you've got married etc? I am due an upgrade and can't at the moment because the name on my car phone warehouse account, o2 account and bank account don't match. I have easily changed my name at car phone warehouse and bank but o2 are sending me in circles. I printed the form out from the website and sent it with a copy of marriage certificate to email address shown (businessTOo...) I asked a week, sent an email enquiring what was happening and heard nothing. I asked on the online chart and they said it would be down first thing Monday morning. On Monday I had an email from them with a list of irrelevant questions not at all linked to changing a name on an account. I emailed go ask for confirmation that the questions had to be answered but no response. The second person on chat said I had to post the firms that I'd emailed. 

What I want to know is how do I quickly and easily change my account to my married name? Cancelling the contract takes 30 days so would like something quicker than that otherwise I'll cancel the account altogether. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

I would write in with a copy of marriage cert and your account details.
Send it to:
Telefónica UK Limited
Correspondence Department

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

You can only use the form or write in unfortunately. You used to be able to fax the marriage certificate but you would have to call customer service to see if this is still an option.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Hom...

Alternatively you can fax it to 0870 600 2402.

Message 2 of 14

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

I would write in with a copy of marriage cert and your account details.
Send it to:
Telefónica UK Limited
Correspondence Department

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, but why is writing in better than email when both are options on the website?

Message 4 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I think with important documents they need these sent or copied...as anyone can make a document up and email?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I just offered it as another suggestion as the email route wasn't working for you.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fair enough, thank you

Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Good luck slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Can't you nip in store and have them copy and / email it over. Least that way you have a person to contact should things head south.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 9 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous If you cancel the account you are still responsible for paying the remainder of the contract, so sending in the form would be a better option.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 14