cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling an order

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I appreciate that this is probably in the wrong area and I really do apologise, but I did not know where to put it!

Anyway, I ordered the iPhone 6 last Friday afternoon and cancelled it around 7 am the following morning via a customer advisor online. They stated I would recieve a confirmation to say it was cancelled but gave me a reference number anyway.

So, imagine my shock today when checking my bank to see that o2 have taken the money for the iphone 6 and I am now overdrawn due to be charged!! To say I am fuming is to put it lightly, the phone is not even out yet AND I cancelled my order and yet 4 days later they took the money out of my bank account . I have since then checked my emails thoroughly and have not actually recieved a confirmation email, so now I am getting a little worried.

The online chat is secure right? As I gave the advisor personal information and now I am worried that it was not an 02 advisor at all! 

Thank you in advance slight_smile

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Yes the online chat is secure but I would contact CS on 202 and have them sort your issue out.

I've had a similar issue with my 5s order cancellation last year and found chat poeple much less helpful. But that's just me!

Hope it will get sorted out for you real quick!

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
The likelihood is that o2 have not actually taken the money, moreover they put the transaction into suspense in the same way as of you hire a car. A sim of money is requested but not actually collected. After a short period (typically 7 days) the non transaction drops off the system and no money actually leaves your account.

Is your bank able to confirm if the monies have definitely left your account? I suspect not given your cancellation but the funds won't be available to you until the transactional period ends.
Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

This is a customer to customer forum. No one has access to your account here.

If you were given a reference number there should be a record of the online chat you had. If you ordered the phone online, the money would have automatically been debited from your account. It can take several weeks to be refunded. That's the way O2 does it. There are many companies that do things the same way.

The best way for you to get clarification of your situation is to call Customer Services. The numbers are in the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page. Good luck.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions