cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can O2 Open discounts only be used on O2 Refresh deals ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I work for Lloyds and have an O2 Open discount applied to my account. My parents are about to order new phones and I intend to send them Open codes so they get a discount too. They intend to buy a Pay Monthly mobile each but they are not on Refresh contracts. Can they still use the Open Code discounts ? I have tried calling O2 but after over 20 mins of being on hold I gave up.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

They can as long as they buy/upgrade instore or through o2, not an independent. 

Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It is only on refresh contracts because you have to buy from O2 and you cannot get refresh from elsewhere.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/phones/samsung/galaxy-core-prime/#contractType=paymonthly

It is the above phone they want and the tarrif is split between airtime and phone but is not an O2 Refresh contract. An advisor on Online chat said the discount could be applied to the airtime part but I don't 100% trust the online chats for information.

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Yes ^^^ that is refresh.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

That's a refresh contract and the discount is applied only to the airtime, same as your contract.

Message 6 of 6