cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN

Anonymous
Not applicable

When i ring my mates i usually always get through to them, but sometimes i get an automated voice saying "This persons number is no longer in use", then it works an hour later.... 02 have a really bad test network coverage, it's a crap network IMO I only use it cos i get by on £15 p/m unlimited cos everyone else is on 02 anyway so it lasts me, point being - why pay £20-40 odd a month when u can pay as you go for 15 lol

anyway why does this automated voice happen sometimes?? The number is clearly in use since i called it a few times today, and if your friends phone is turned off you get "Welcome to the 02 messaging service for 077xxxxxx....blahhh" if they have no coverage you get "It has not been posibile to connect your call?

ANY GURUS OUT THERE AYE!??

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
With the bleep sound. That sound is your phones way of telling you that it cannot let you call at that time possibly due to no signal or when the signal bounces back and fourth between 2G,3G and 4G.

With automated voice, this again could be a phone fault. Yes you dialled correctly but could your phone unknowingly to you be dialling somewhere else?

Also, have your friends ported there number in from a different network? And has anyone else experienced problems calling them?

If so it could be a porting fault and they need to contact the relevent network operator to fix it
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Heres how it is... i ring my friend at 1pm then randomly later that and get that automated voice saying its no longer in use.. but then I ring 10 mins later and he answers...
02 need to sort this.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

The forums software will remove any words that has been set as inappropriate.

Right now the O2 Network is suffering from congestion issues as they upgrade the network. It could also be an issue at your friends end.

Check your masts here http://status.o2.co.uk

Sometimes having your sim swapped to a new one can help. This can be carried out at any O2 shop or ask o2 to post one to you via Customer Service http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus And perform the swap yourself here http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk
Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122381 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You will also get the message 'It has been impossible to connect your call' message if your friend has turned his phone off...

I know this as my son has to turn his off when at work. Sometimes I phone him and get the message you are getting now.

Additionally you will get it if the phone you are calling has a flat battery....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The phone you are calling is either turned off or not receiving a signal. Simple as that. No need for your language or attitude either......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92928 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I saw this post last night and declined to respond due to the language and tone. If you do need or want answers then tone it down. As for the problem you are experiencing, it's either a porting issue which may/may not settle down with time or the phone you are calling is not connecting to the network.

Message 7 of 7