cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buzzuzz

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

I have been contacted by a company called Buzzuzz who stated that they are used by O2 to deal with upgrades. does anyone know if this is true?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to admit I fell foul to one of these calls, att I genuinely thought it was an O2 company, I did not know any better & I just can't recall whether or not I had joined this community then

but I've learned now about cold calls over the phone in general & in addition have sorted out a planned response when a call comes up on my mobile's screen either with a number I don't recognise or a private number display

I have to answer all calls as medical calls come through from say the medical centre, which could be to do with my elderly / infirm parents, as private number as well as unwanted cold calls 

Message 11 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

That's the big problem, all my calls from doctors and hospital come through with a private or witheld number. I have no problem answering these cold calls. I once tried to convince a gas supply company that the moon landing in 1969 was done in a film studio. He ended up just dropping the call....weird, you just can't talk to some people....

Message 12 of 20

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

No reason why this couldn't be a newly appointed "Trusted Partner" and the website hasn't been updated to show them in the list.......we all know that the website always lags behind.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 13 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

No reason why this couldn't be a newly appointed "Trusted Partner" and the website hasn't been updated to show them in the list.......we all know that the website always lags behind.

True....but then I am not sure I would rely on any so called 'Trusted Partner' from here....too many horror stories for my liking... Wrong tariff.....wrong phone...wrong contracts...and then those who blatantly go above the stated price that was agreed during the 'cold' call. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 20

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Shocked Shocked Astounded

You mean O2's "Trusted Partners" shouldn't be trusted ????

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 15 of 20

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

I'll get some clarification on this now.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 16 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

According to O2 Online help staff, Buzzuzz are not an O2 authorised 3rd party and couldn't explain why this company knew of my contract details, could only assure me the matter would be dealt with by the O2 Support Team.  I find this very worrying that customer data is passed around like especially as I purchased my phone and contract direct from O2 so why does a 3rd party company need knwo anything about me???

Message 17 of 20

MI5
  • 144097 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
All companies generate a revenue stream from selling customer details to selected 3rd parties.
If you don't want and agree to this you should change your choices in your My O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Add there number to your reject list . Its all a scam 

Message 19 of 20

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions