cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booster need for 4g in Berkshire

Anonymous
Not applicable
Only a few miles off the m4, and on a hill, but still no decent 4g reception. Have 3G booster boxes on chimney. Switched to latest iPhone in the hope that this would improve, but reception is still nowhere near good enough (2 rather than 5 bars) Now need 4g booster. Any recommendations - quite happy to pay, just need good 5 bar every hour of the day reception!
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I could tell you @MI5 but then I would have to  KILL YOU!!!:smileywink:

Please don't @Anonymous 

Where would all of us Note users go for advice? With @jonsie in Thailand for much of the year we would be stuffed. 

Oh and he is a pretty decent fella too

Mexican WaveMexican Wave

Message 21 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I could tell you @MI5 but then I would have to  KILL YOU!!!:smileywink:

Please don't @Anonymous 

Where would all of us Note users go for advice? With @jonsie in Thailand for much of the year we would be stuffed. 

Oh and he is a pretty decent fella too

Mexican WaveMexican Wave

@Anonymous MI5 is my hero Hero ..... I would very happily play Moneypenny to his 007 :womanvery-happy: wink 

apologies for going off-topic = slapped wrists all round 

back on topic ..... this is an interesting thread & an education for me as usual 

Message 22 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Then it's decided! I won't tell him! It seems it's unanimous @MI5 ! It's for the sake of the community! 

Message 23 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone

Good to see i'm not the only one unimpressed with O2 unfortunately.

Anyway here's my predicament.

I've been with O2 for a few years now and was pretty happy until Jan 5th this year when i moved house then it all started.

In my old house (3 miles away) i had excellent signal etc but when i moved the short distance my service/signal has gone right down.

I've done the online chat with O2 support and it seems the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing as when you speak to different operators you get different conflicting answers for some reason?

I mentioned that i heard that O2 did a thing called a boost Box similar to the Vodafone sure signal box.

BUT one operator said there was no such thing and another said they have never heard of it and the last said that they do it BUT only to business customers.

I was speaking to a chap in India then his supervisor then his boss and in the end i just ended up at square one so after an hour and 45mins i lost my patience and said goodbye and happy new year.

I then chatted to O2 on Twitter (@similler1) as i wanted to know if anyone else had the same problem then hopefully they would also join in the conversation and hopefully enlighten me to a possible solution.

I spoke to numerous different operators on there and when they had finished asking their scripted questions again i was back at square one again lol

SO i was in Truro the other day so popped into see a "Guru" and mentioned my problem and the possibility of getting a Boost Box and was told there was no such thing so i showed him a pic of one as my crystal ball told me that he might say that and when he did he decided to start talking to my partner instead of me which i found quite amusing.

(Maybe i should become a "Guru" aswell lmao).

Anyway in the end we got nowhere with him as he said we should just ring customer services and see what they could do.

That's my next step and they are usually really helpful compared to the online chat operators.

My problem is.

I'm an Emergency 24hr Plumber and my mobile is pretty important for my job.

I'm on a normal tariff and have happily been for years.

I've been trying to use Tugo as advised by O2 but it only works when it wants so it's no good to me really.

I'm on a refresh contract and O2 said they won't put me over to a business contract until i pay them £700 to pay off my refresh contract first.

I've even offered to keep paying the same amount £48pm to go onto a lower business tariff so they can give me the boost box so i don't lose anymore Emergency Callouts BUT they don't want to know.

Computer says No!

When a customer calls me in an Emergency and they keep getting cut off or can't hear what i'm saying they just hang up and choose another Emergency Plumber then i lose more money.

I REALLY don't think it's fair to be paying the full tariff amount for only partial service as if i gave my customers the kind of service i'm getting from O2 they would just go elsewhere and i wouldn't blame them.

I'm really shicked that O2 seem to be left behind by Vodafone of all companies in this when they can't give customers better service and value for money.

I've only moved 3 miles and the difference is terrible and i don't live out in the sticks or in the shara desert so what's going on O2?

I've ben advised to turn my 3g off etc but i'm wondering when they are going to recommend 2 cups and a piece of string lol.

I've been advised to ask the neighbours what their signal is like and how long the problem has been going on.

I was told by one operator that they were doing maintenance work on the mast so the network was playing up then told by another the problem was fixed then by another that there wasn't any work going on at all.

What the hell is going on O2 as all i want is to use my phone for what i pay £48pm for and not be losing money instead of earning it!

All i seem to get now is "i'm sorry you feel that way" but how does that help my problem as it now seems that they just want to take my money and if i don't get any service it's tough luck but strangely enough when i ask them that exact question i don't get a reply.

Does anyone else have an opinion or solution to my problem as i'm really beginning to lose my patience with O2 and feel VERY let donw by them.

Thanks

Message 24 of 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The only thing I can suggest is you try TuGo although I'm sure that someone will have already advised you.

Message 25 of 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can check your own masts here by putting your postcode in http://status.o2.co.uk/
If you are serviced by 2g only or have a very weak 3g signal it will help to lock phone to 2g network.
Boostboxes are available to business users mainly but consumer tariffs can get them if you can convince O2 that you need one and you have to be on a consumer tariff (tough one as you are using the phone for your business though?).
Other options are to set a call divert to a landline or another PAYG mobile on a different network whilst you are at home only.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Think your self lucky not many places have 3g yet 4g 4g is sold but not avable in most places like 3g

Message 27 of 27