cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boost Box (Femtocell)

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 has a Boost Box available but they restrict their use to Business customers.  Why?

My husband and I both have monthly contracts, we have been with O2 for many many years but still we cannot give out our mobile numbers as we cannot receive when home.  We either cannot make calls - although we pay for large amounts or unlimited minutes - but cannot make calls a lot of the time.  When on calls, the reception can drop or be really iffy.  The answer of O2: well, too bad!  We pay for a service which they do not provide most of the time but we need to pay more by getting a socalled 'business' account, so as to resolve 'their' problem.  What does that say about customer service?  Please O2, if you are listening, do try to help.  This gadget cost at most 50£ and we are ready to pay for it, so what does O2 lose in selling it to us?  Nothing, but gaining good will and the satisfaction of satisfied customers and repeat business.  Please, O2, listen!

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
I really can't see that many customers leaving because they can't get a Boostbox......but I might be wrong.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 11 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are right about TUGO but have you used it?  It is really not totally reliable: sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.  It is not a panacea nor is it a replacement for a femtocell.  We have a femtocell in our house in France du to the same problem.  It cost 45 euros (32£) and worked perfectly.

Message 12 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
see my answer above to MI5
Message 13 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beenherebefore wrote:
I really can't see that many customers leaving because they can't get a Boostbox......but I might be wrong.

Possibly not but on from that I'm sure some do leave due to not getting signal or being able to utilise a viable alternative {TuGo} that works sufficiently. 

Message 14 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally agree with your comment and, you are right, hopefully they will support the calling over Wifi option which now we should be able to do with ios8 on iphones.  Fingers crossed and 'can the femtocell' idea.

Will they or won't they?  Having spent so much developing the TUGO app, they might not.  

Message 15 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, their prerogative. That was not my point: i do not see it as a good business decision and one that does not show great customer service savvy. I pay for service (network) and i do not get it. A tool exists to solve the problem and i am told i cannot get it. As a customer, it stinks.
Message 16 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Absolutely!
Message 17 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
There is another thread somewhere on here where O2 have said they are not supporting calling over WiFi at this moment in time but "may" be considered in the future.
I can't help the way Tugo performs, unfortunately, I was just answering your question as it was written.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 Twitter said to me that calling over wifi isn't being looked at as Tugo exists - in what form it exists is open to interpretation.
Message 19 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would look on eBay and buy a generic signal booster although I totally agree O2 branded boosters should be available to all.
Message 20 of 37