cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boost Box (Femtocell)

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 has a Boost Box available but they restrict their use to Business customers.  Why?

My husband and I both have monthly contracts, we have been with O2 for many many years but still we cannot give out our mobile numbers as we cannot receive when home.  We either cannot make calls - although we pay for large amounts or unlimited minutes - but cannot make calls a lot of the time.  When on calls, the reception can drop or be really iffy.  The answer of O2: well, too bad!  We pay for a service which they do not provide most of the time but we need to pay more by getting a socalled 'business' account, so as to resolve 'their' problem.  What does that say about customer service?  Please O2, if you are listening, do try to help.  This gadget cost at most 50£ and we are ready to pay for it, so what does O2 lose in selling it to us?  Nothing, but gaining good will and the satisfaction of satisfied customers and repeat business.  Please, O2, listen!

Message 1 of 37
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93227 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It's long been a cause of frustration that consumers cannot buy the boostbox. O2's reasoning is that they have developed TuGo for use over wifi at home. Have you tried this app?

Many threads on here if you search but the bottom line is that unless you are a business customer the boost box is unavailable.

Incidently the cost is £150+vat to business users although they have been known to give them free to large businesses rather than risk losing their custom.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

O2 has a Boost Box available but they restrict their use to Business customers.  Why?

Because they provide Tugo to normal consumer contract holders which is free slight_smile

http://www.o2.co.uk/apps

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 37

jonsie
  • 93227 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It's long been a cause of frustration that consumers cannot buy the boostbox. O2's reasoning is that they have developed TuGo for use over wifi at home. Have you tried this app?

Many threads on here if you search but the bottom line is that unless you are a business customer the boost box is unavailable.

Incidently the cost is £150+vat to business users although they have been known to give them free to large businesses rather than risk losing their custom.

Message 3 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
That is a question only O2 can answer why they want to turn down money like that is beyond me and a stupid buisness decision in my opinion
Message 4 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've asked that question a couple of times and O2 won't say why they cannot / won't allow a consumer tariff customer to have one ~ especially if they are willing to pay.

Another option if O2 end up supporting it is Calling Over Wifi.

Tugo can be glitchy at best.
Message 5 of 37

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Another option (but not free) is to get a Skype number and divert your calls to that when you are at home (use Skype on WiFi).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it's about time O2 gave an official response as to why they will not sell a boostbox to those who want one
Message 7 of 37

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I thought they had already......because it's only available to Business customers. They don't have to explain any further, it's yet another O2 business decision which is their prerogative.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 8 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another query is as I've said 'Calling over Wifi'

Tugo is in many instances an issue due to the glitches it has - it being a downloaded App.
Message 9 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
They don't have to explain any further but if they are interested in keeping customers they may want to
Message 10 of 37