cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Payment

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recently paid my Bill for o2, and have been promptly cut off, I have an account number and receipt number on my e-mail account, also a screen shot of my bank account showing the money has gone out of my account, was wondering if any body else has been treated this badly by what is supposedly a reputeable telecommunications company, does this companies right hand even know what it's left hand is doing. I have been with o2 since the very beginning with a pay as you go sim, was very happy, but since I upgraded to a contract I have had nothing but trouble from them, I'm thinking it's time to find a company that tries to look like it's looking after it's long term customers, I have heard that BT are moving back into the mobile market, and very cheap too, I think i'll give them a call, oh dear I appear to be cut off at the moment for paying my bill four days late.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 always advise you 14 days prior to the bill coming due for payment.

Under the terms you are required to have a direct debit in place so payment is always made on time.

I doubt you will find another company that would treat you any differently.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Have you thought about setting up a direct debit to avoid this?
You will find most networks will cut you off if you pay late.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 always advise you 14 days prior to the bill coming due for payment.

Under the terms you are required to have a direct debit in place so payment is always made on time.

I doubt you will find another company that would treat you any differently.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The systems are automated so if it recognises that a payment hasn't been made and cleared it will automatically bar o/g calls and texts. Down to you I'm afraid and as already advised, reinstate the DD you cancelled.

Message 4 of 4