O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Other Products & Services

Level 1: Joiner
fjohn

BT Openzone Wifi Sign In/Register

Hi everyone,

I hope you can help me! I am trying to set my phone up to connect on the BT Openzone Wifi hotspots.

I am trying to sign in via the Use My Account sign in at the top right of the opening WiFi page (image 1). When I select the o2 tab at the top (image 2), I am diverted to the page on image 3. However - when I input my phone number and click Sign Me In, it just hangs there and doesn't sign me in!

I have reset my MAC address by texting WiFi to 2121, but with no success. Any advice?

Thanks for any input! 

:2.PNG1.PNG3.PNG

Please use plain text.
perksie
Topics: 229
Solutions: 1,536

Re: BT Openzone Wifi Sign In/Register

I'm fairly sure you don't use the BT Openzone site, just connect directly from the Wireless & Networks on your phone.

Please support the Disasters Emergency Committee appeal to send help to the Philippines.
Text DEC to 70000 (free text) to donate £5 or online: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Legacy O2 Simplicity 20 - O2 Wallet - Nexus 4 Android 4.4.4
Please use plain text.
adamtemp64
Topics: 222
Kudos: 947
Solutions: 1,018

The first time you connect to bt openzone / btwifi (rebranded) you should get a blue o2 landing page when trying tro surf you enter your number there.

This may have changed in the swap to bt wifi best to ring customer services for advice.

The wifi point is shown on the o2 coverage checker? or on the wifi directory on the o2 support site?

2 iPhone 5s 32gb on 4g 8gb tariff 1 iPhone 4s 16gb sim only on business contract
iPad 3 wifi-3g 64gb
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (still 2g only and it is 2014)
Please use plain text.
fjohn

Hi, yes the wifi is listed on the O2 wifi points. I have entered my mobile number on the O2 landing page but it just hangs and doesn't actually connect.
Please use plain text.
adamtemp64
Topics: 222
Kudos: 947
Solutions: 1,018

ring o2 and see if the can do a full reset and ensure your tariff is set up correctly to allow btopenzone

2 iPhone 5s 32gb on 4g 8gb tariff 1 iPhone 4s 16gb sim only on business contract
iPad 3 wifi-3g 64gb
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (still 2g only and it is 2014)
Please use plain text.
fjohn

Hi everyone,

I've contacted o2 and they are in the process of doing a full diagnostic/analysis so will let you all know how I get on! 

Cheers

F

Please use plain text.
Level 27: Desk Jockey
Leonard

Great John, thanks for the update!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a private message.

Please use plain text.