cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are iMessages going to work with o2 Travel?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

I'm currently abroad and find myself using iMessages to UK devices (in the UK) quite often, but only using WiFi.

If I wish to activate 3G data with my o2 Travel, can I use that Mobile Data for iMessages, without extra charges?

If so, do i just turn the Mobile Data on (but Data Roaming still off), right?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144322 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You need data and data roaming turned on.
The O2 travel allowance is also only applicable in an EU country so only use it if you are.
If you are near a border with a non EU country set your phone to manual network selection and ensure you choose an EU network to connect to.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes iMessage will work off data from your O2 travel.

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

So do I have to turn the Data roaming on as well, or just Mobile Data?

It's just that I dont want to receive bad surprises as soon as I get back to the UK

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
As long as you have O2 Travel activated and your in a country that's covered by the feature then you will be fine to turn it on as your are roaming when you turn on Mobile Data.

If your concerned stick to Wifi.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
You'd have to to turn on Mobile Data to enable Data Roaming, and would incur charges depending where you are?
As mentioned try to use WiFi where possible.
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

As far as I know every phone.... when it has data roaming and mobile data turned abroad will incur charges?

(irrespective of handset)...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144322 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You need data and data roaming turned on.
The O2 travel allowance is also only applicable in an EU country so only use it if you are.
If you are near a border with a non EU country set your phone to manual network selection and ensure you choose an EU network to connect to.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8