cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Legacy Broadband O2 Email account still active

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know all the old email accounts should have been deactivated but my old O2 broadband email account is still running and working and what's worse I think it's been hacked as I@m getting lots of delivery failed emails from random addresses.

I haven't been with O2 broadband for over 5 years and never moved it to Sky but just want to get this account deactivated.

Tried speaking to live chat with no luck and they said to call. Tried calling but was stuck in a queue for over 30 minutes anbd gave up.

Anyway to get this sorted as I'm not happy having an email account with my name in it spamming. Strangely the password hasn't changed but I've read on these forums of others having these delivery notifications as well.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, that's what should have happened. In actuality, O2 & Sky committed to keep email accounts open for those who migrate, without transferring the accounts over to Sky's servers, leaving the messy situation we have now where no-one really wants to take responsibility for the email account management.

Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yet another example of o2 snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Why oh why can't o2 get the simple things right,
Message 12 of 16

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

OK an update, it looks like webmail does now not function in send and receive mode although I can still llog on to my main email account.

The test messages that I sent yesterday to and from my main O2 email address finished up in "the ether".

If I log on to MyO2 the webmail link is still there and is live...but although the lights are on there is nobody at home.

So another link on the O2 website that does very little.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Complete opposite for me. I cannot get into webmail via MyO2 and just get page not found but I can send and receive via pop3/smtp on the phone!

This is quite a major issue if peoples accounts are still active and can;t be disabled. In relaity all I'd like to do it get ti deactivated or at the very elast be able to reset my password.

Message 14 of 16

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Perhaps your only option is to raise this as a complaint. With so many email addresses on their servers, I'm guessing some have slipped through the net.

You can email O2 directly at: complaintreviewservice@o2.com

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - will drop them an email and see what happens

Message 16 of 16