cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Fire text messages being converted and CHARGED to multimedia messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am disgusted with the complete lack of customer support I have received, over christmas I sent out numberous text messages on my amazon fire phone wishing my friends and family a merry christmas. As I have unlimited text messages as part of my package I foresaw no problems occuring. I couldn't have been more worng!

On Boxing day I received a message on my phone informing me I had gone over my text message allowance and now owed an extra £30.00 on top of my bill. As it was boxing day I wanted until the next day to contact O2 customer support, when the next day came and I phoned O2 I was informed I now owe £45.00 on top of my bill! It turns out my text messages we're converted to multimedia messages, I wasn't given any warning nor was informed it might happen prior to purchasing the phone! I was given a wide range of excuses as to why this could happen including: sending more than 2 text messages at one time, sending a contact, to sending a smilly face!

Customer services would only say that they have passed it over to the network investigation team and I would have to wait a few days for their decision. A few days passed and I called again only to discover it could take up to a week for someone to get intouch with me, and I should await their call / e-mail. After A WEEK AND A HALF I called again and the Network Investigation Team had made the decision that all charges we're valid and hadn't bothered to let me know.

I was then informed to send a complaint to the Complaint Review Service via e-mail informing them of everything that had happened to me. This I did on the 5th January, I have been waiting 21 days for a reply! I was orginally informed it would take three working days for someone to get intouch, then seven working days, after fourteen I requested customer services get intouch with the Complaint Review Service, or if I could have their number niether of these we're possible as Customer Services dosn't have the contact details for the Complaint Review Service. I have never been treated with such a complete lack of customer service in my life. O2 are after one thing YOUR MOMEY and are more than happy to scam you out of it!

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

I meant being told by a sales rep, most people would only search for this after the issue has occured. Also I didn't do any of those points on the link you shared, and the note on the bottom of the page "Note – Your phone will tell you if it is changing your message to an MMS (picture message). Keep your eye out for it and don’t ignore it." my phone didn't tell me.

Message 31 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll give them a try and let you know.

Message 32 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

There's a lesson to be learn't here, get an iPhone.

Message 33 of 49

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I meant being told by a sales rep, most people would only search for this after the issue has occured. Also I didn't do any of those points on the link you shared, and the note on the bottom of the page "Note – Your phone will tell you if it is changing your message to an MMS (picture message). Keep your eye out for it and don’t ignore it." my phone didn't tell me.

That was the point I was making @Anonymous  Not all phones do.

(Though some phones have the facility to do it....but some people do disable this)...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 49

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

There's a lesson to be learn't here, get an iPhone.

Dunno about that Smiley Surprised Being an android user... currently running a Note 3....which is brilliant Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

At least I know now,  however £45 to find out not to send more than 2 bluk messages is an expensive lesson. The real anoyance is I've still heard nothing from the Complaints Review Service after 26 days and numerous promtps.

Message 36 of 49

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

At least I know now,  however £45 to find out not to send more than 2 bluk messages is an expensive lesson. The real anoyance is I've still heard nothing from the Complaints Review Service after 26 days and numerous promtps.

Not sure you will hear from them anytime soon. They must be inundated with complaints and I suspect deal with them in order of what they perceive as 'important'. slight_frown

Just for information...what do you actually think of the Firephone? There have been very mixed reviews about it from what I have read?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

I really like the feel of it, you can tell its well made with high quality materials. The 3D screen savers are a nice touch. There are a lack of apps due to the Fire using a modified version of android and the O/S isn't optimised so the phone does tend to freeze even though it's a decent spec. I'm hoping in time updates will fix these issues.

Be warned if you use an android phone and move to the Amazon Fire don't expect to keep your apps.

Message 38 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
It had a feel of the iPhone 4 when holding it in hand.

I know it's had some stick but I enjoyed using it Barno.

Who knows that the Mark II will bring.
Message 39 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Note 3's are really nice fablets
Message 40 of 49