cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aberdeen 3G mast is no more

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I live near Aberdeen in an area that doesn't ever have 3G coverage. Now though, in the middle of Aberdeen where I work, there has been no 3G coverage for almost 2 weeks. The status checker shows the mast not working. I was told it would be fixed last weekend, but it hasnt been. When I called again yesterday, I have been told that it is because O2 haven't renewed the lease for the land that the mast is on, so the landowner has cut power, and as such there is no more 3G in Aberdeen. Apparently this is pretty much the permanent situation now, as it may have to go to court and could take 'a very long time' to resolve. The only way customer services have said it can be resolved is to leave O2 and go to another provider?! Has anyone else in Aberdeen been told the same thing, or have you had another story? You know it's bad when customer services are telling you to leave and asking if you want to keep your number! Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

A unique situation indeed and maybe moving provider could be the only solution.

IF your a contract customer you could look at using o2's Tugo app on wifi.

Or Skype. What's app , viber or Facebook as alternatives in the Interim.

We have know people being able to leave O2 and have their contracts quashed if they either pay off the contract or in some circumstances return the handset.

Possibky file your issues here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

Have your phone unlocked to all networks if it is Locked to O2 to try out other network payg SIM cards to ensure they do give better service before committing. It's free to contract customers.

Link https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Good luck.
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
We've not heard anyone else report this issue, but only O2 would have this info anyway.....
We'll keep our eyes open for other reports 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3