cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G but no 4G!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I take it some Business Tariffs are not 4G enabled yet?

The reason I'm asking is I got myself a cheap 4G enabled handset, and got a new 4G Sim from a store and managed to succesfully do a Sim Swap and everything seems to have transferred over apart from the 4G?

I've even checked that the settings have 4G Preferred enabled?

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
You might have been right on the edge of the signal reach which might explain why you could see 4g but not use it?
Message 11 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
@jonsie I think it maybe a legacy or some other cheap tariff?
Message 12 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
If 39 down and 17 up was the edge of the signal area, I wonder what it would be like in the centre?
Message 13 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll give em a bell the morra and see what they say!

Message 14 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apparently about 50mb down is about the max give or take.

Message 15 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a thought, you mentioned getting a "cheap 4g enabled handset", given that you have iPhone you didn't pick up an iPhone 5 or below did you? The 5  doesn't work on o2 4g and I don't think the 4 or 3 does either but one of the others who use iPhone could confirm that. ...

(Edited to correct reference to iPhone 5c which does work on o2 4g network as confirmed by @MI5)

Message 16 of 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144315 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
If 39 down and 17 up was the edge of the signal area, I wonder what it would be like in the centre?

So you are getting 4g?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
He has an iPhone AND a "cheap 4g handset" Rich
Message 18 of 34

MI5
  • 144315 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Just a thought, you mentioned getting a "cheap 4g enabled handset", given that you have iPhone you didn't pick up an iPhone 5 or below did you? The 5 / 5c don't work on o2 4g and I don't think the 4 or 3 does either but one of the others who use iPhone could confirm that. ...

5c does - anything from 5c/5s onwards is ok on o2 frequency.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 34

MI5
  • 144315 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
He has an iPhone AND a "cheap 4g handset" Rich

I'm easily confused at this time on a Sunday Astounded

Currently using:
Message 20 of 34