cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Southampton coverage by when?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Does anybody know when O2 coverage is coming to Southampton? I have been told 'by the next month' a couple of times now.

Thanks

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous there is a difference between managing expectations and having no expectations.

Customers who pay their bills to o2 are being kept in the dark and many are upset by this. I wouldn't mind having my expectations managed if there was something to look forward to at the end of it.
Message 21 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Do O2 staff even know the schedule? I mean, obviously there is a schedule...right??

Message 22 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Southampton due to go live both the O2 coverage checker and the phone App are showing 4g coverage for the Eastside of Southampton this morning? but so far not showing on the phone despite a restart.

Message 23 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi sdrew56 and Welcome to the Forum.

Assuming up you have a 4G Sim card and phone have you toggled on 4G in it's settings.

If so I hope this comes live for you soon.

Keep us informed. slight_smile
Message 24 of 28

MI5
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
To get 4G you need....
1 - To be in a 4G area
2 - Have a 4G sim card
3 - Have a 4G tariff
4 - Have a 4G capable phone
5 - Have 4G enabled in the phones settings.
If all these requirements are ticked and you are still having problems please come back to us for more help, if we can.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got 4g symbol up now phone says connected to LTE network current download speed 10.9 mbs but there is reported mast congestion in my current area.

So unless its just testing looks like we are good to go.

Message 26 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cool.

Be aware that running Speed Tests uses a good chunk of your Data Allowance, from approx 40mb each time.

Message 27 of 28

MI5
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
I would hope for much higher speeds than that when things settle down....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 28 of 28