cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Congestion? REALLY?????

Anonymous
Not applicable
4g was meant to bring us 5 times quicker mobile broadband. However networks are already experiencing congestion issues and that is BEFORE the rollout is even half complete.

Clearly the fibre backhaul is now starting to struggle. So how does this issue get resolved? ??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2821197/Network-congestion-brings-speeds-new-super-fast-4G-m...
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
4g was meant to bring us 5 times quicker mobile broadband. However networks are already experiencing congestion issues and that is BEFORE the rollout is even half complete.

Clearly the fibre backhaul is now starting to struggle. So how does this issue get resolved? ??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2821197/Network-congestion-brings-speeds-new-super-fast-4G-mobile-phone-services-supposed-five-times-quicker.html

I suppose this was only a matter of time Nick...clearly overloaded and unable to cope.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi piperdog123

Do you know if the other uk networks are experiencing the same kind of posts from their customers on these issues ?

So 4G can be affected by congestion issues !

Let's hope we as customers get some answers.
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be honest BoB I don't know. The Daily Mail link covers all the main networks hence the posting.

So if they are all suffering reduced speeds and / or congestion then this is a very worrying development indeed.

At its launch you were getting 50mbs in your home city. If that is gonna drop to 10mbs then when more people get onto 4g it will become as bad as 3g now.
Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
4G congestion is due to the size of the pipes not the cell breathing like 3G as I explained previously.
You can still use the word "congestion" if you like but it's a completely different issue to the 3G one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Absolutely Rich. I was comparing the two in terms of customer experience rather than the tech behind it.

If fibre backhaul is not up to the job then BT and Virgin need to improve this ASAP.
Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
If fibre backhaul is not up to the job then BT and Virgin need to improve this ASAP.

That's the key to 4g speeds - without any improvements there we're all doomed 😞

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 15

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Reminds me of the old BT ADSLMax days ConfusedLOL

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 8 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

Reminds me of the old BT ADSLMax days ConfusedLOL

Probably still been used Whistle

Currently using:
Message 9 of 15

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

I've not had any issues with 4G speeds on 3 and EE. O2's was rather slow for the brief time I used it and in one of the 3 places they currently have 4G coverage. I don't have any experience of vodafone's 4G so can't speak for them

Message 10 of 15