cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£30 Debenhams voucher not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is getting really annoying. I've made 5 phone calls over the weekend, and I don't have time making calls during my working week. The 2 vouchers me and my husband received are not working. Debenhams says it is a known issue from O2's side, and they need to re-issue. Despite having spoken to O2 at length, and them promising to solve this, I still have not heard anything.

I've tried getting help on chat, but they tell me to call.

I was given an email address, but it is not working.

I don't have time to call them back again until the weekend, but I would much rather have this solved sooner.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it was online I tried to use it. I followed all instructions given in the terms and conditions, and did what you are describing, but the error message I got was just that the codes were not valid codes. Even more annoying, the phone number it quotes in the T&C's to call if you are having issues, takes you to Debenhams, not O2, and they could do nothing to help me.

I do not have time to go into a store either, if I had time for that, I would have had time to call up and get this sorted over the phone. The world is a disadvantage to people working fulltime. 😞

Message 11 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous  I notice from reading back in the thread that @Toby our community coordinator said he would look into this for you. I have mentioned him again this morning. I am sure he will help as soon as he is able:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, this is getting quite annoying now. Since I notified O2 first time Saturday, this has still not been sorted, and the items I picked out at Debenhams are now running out of stock. 😞 How long is this going to take to sort out?

Message 13 of 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok,m so another half hour spent on the phone to Debenhams to try and secure the items I picked out when I THOUGHT I had vouchers to spend, I really did not want to lose them, and I am not going to spend money to buy them. The only way they can do it is to try and locate the items in store and hold them for me without payment, which they usually do, but it now looks like I might have missed out on them.

WHY CAN YOU NOT JUST SEND ME AN EMAIL WITH NEW VOUCHERS????? From what I've heard several places, this has been done before, so WHY IS IT SO HARD TO REPLICATE THIS????

I am getting very angry and disappointed at this now. I LEFT EE to move to O2, and this is the service I get less than a month after I join?

Heartbroken. 😞

Message 15 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, luckily the voucher worked in store. Will mark this issue as solved, but I am very disappointed by the way it was handled by O2. I have spent aproximately 2 1/2 to 3 hours including extra gas having to go to town to visit a store. I wish this had been handled better. Will not recommend O2 to friends.

Thanks for everyone trying to help at least.

Message 16 of 21

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I agree, most o2 promotions have been badly handled but in glad you managed to resolve it. 

Message 17 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Pleased it has been resolved at long last. Not a pleasant experience as you say....and it does reflect badly on O2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, luckily the voucher worked in store. Will mark this issue as solved, but I am very disappointed by the way it was handled by O2. I have spent aproximately 2 1/2 to 3 hours including extra gas having to go to town to visit a store. I wish this had been handled better. Will not recommend O2 to friends.

Hi thesilly

It is a real shame that this experience has resulted in your thoughts on O2 ,and who can blame you. 

What should have a nice offer to compliment your transaction with O2 spiralled into what ensued. 

Im glad to hear this has now been resolved. 

Take care. 

Message 19 of 21

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

thesilly wrote: 

You're welcome and glad you got there in the end slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 21