O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Other Devices (Nokia, Blackberry, etc)

rat
Level 1: Joiner
rat

youro2numbers; does anyone else think its broken

Am currently waiting for o2 to take £5 topup off me tomorrow just before they process my opt-out command; why does this take 48 hours? (my theory; its a scam).
I want to opt out because the service is broken; at the very least the system and the web page for administering numbers in particular was designed by an idiot (or a scamster or both).
For two months in a row now I've tried to remove 4 numbers, 3 of which are no longer on the o2 network (an 'error' condition as I'm continually reminded in red while trying to change them), and add 2 new ones.
There isn't a button next to each number saying 'delete', so whats the semantics? A blank field is not allowed.
The long & short of this is between the clunky user interface, poor website performance, the 48 hour thing & the once every 30 days thing basically guarantees I won't be able to successfully complete my updates without some sort of 'error' or 'invalid' complaint eventually ending up with my number list not being updated for that month.
A school child could come up with a more robust system, this one is like playing hopscotch on a minefield.
How hard can it be? Ten numbers, ten names.
Please use plain text.
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
prking

Works fine for me, seems straightforward. No problems deleting numbers either.
No - there isn't an app for it.
Please use plain text.
rat
rat

youro2numbers broken

Am happy it works for you prking, for me is defo broken.
I get it set the way I want it, get my review for printout page etc then 2 days later I get a text saying one of the numbers was no longer an o2 number (I knew that) but they had set the rest of them as requested but they hadn't its all the same as before my edits.
Anyways, how exactly do you delete a number? Is very hard to work with a system with error feedback that takes 2 days then another 30 before you can have another go all running on a site slow as treacle.
ps
meanwhile am wondering if the Preview or Submit buttons on this form are going to do anything this year :smileysurprised:/
Please use plain text.
prking

I'm wondering if you have a problem with your browser as I am able to click the Preview/Submit buttons. No-one else has mentioned an issue with youro2numbers or with this form so possibly your browser has issues (or no-one else has noticed yet).

When managing my numbers, it immediately flags a non-o2 number and there is a link to delete a number. This further makes me think you have a browser problem.
Please use plain text.
rat
rat

youro2numbers broken

Ha, well is exactly as predicted they took my £5 then opted me out so is worst of both worlds. I'll take your word for it about the delete number link but I never saw it. Not that I could visit the site again anyway for 30 days even to check my sanity :smileysurprised:/. Am using Firefox more or less out-of-the-box but perhaps thats too exotic for o2s crack team of web devs. Ok is not lottery numbers am talking here but this feels like getting my money burned, the site is broken for sure and there is no excuse, I'm not trying to subvert the system or do something odd. I agree that at data entry _some_ numbers are immediately flagged as non-qualifying & of course I made sure they were not submitted; as I said, I got as far as being happy with my submitted changes & o2 implied they were too by showing me a printable summary of the details. Two days (!!! that is a piece of nonsense) later I get a text saying I had submitted a non-o2 number but it had done my other changes. That was a lie, they hadn't, it was all back to how it had been the month before when something similar had happened.
The site is broke, but as a wise man (Knuth?) said "any #### #### can write a compiler for correct programs" so if you and everyone else has been lucky enough to be spared the screwed-up borderline behaviour am happy, just not for me. Trouble is its a drop in the ocean & probably won't be fixed, the devs will have moved on or been promoted out of harms way.
thanks fer replying :smileysurprised:)
Please use plain text.
prking

I can only suggest that you report a problem with the O2 site by calling Customer Service. I would still check for any issues with your PC. You could try a different browser, to eliminate a problem with your Firefox settings. Good luck with it, I'm sure its quite frustrating.
Please use plain text.
rat
rat

youro2numbers broken

Yeah prking I'm going to follow this up through every avenue I can. Unfortunately a full and accurate characterization of the problem will be difficult considering the built in restrictions on how often I can run a test case.
Btw did you see they had censored my note; I'd just like to assure everyone its never under any circumstances a habit of mine to use 'innapropriate language' and that the four letter words elided by hashes are in fact very tame.
What I might have done is misquoted and or misattributed. According to a quick google the quote am thinking of is from Martin Fowler (almost up there with Donald Knuth) and is more along the lines of "Any fool can write code that a computer can understand" although am sure mine is better so maybe I better claim it as my own :smileysurprised:)
cheers
Please use plain text.