cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

touch screen buttons

Anonymous
Not applicable
Normally when i receive a call on my Nokia, i normally have the option to put the caller on loud speaker. But recently as soon as i answer my phone the screen goes black and it wont light up again until the caller has put the phone down. Does anybody know what's wrong?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and Welcome to the Forum @Anonymous 

The first thing to do is reboot your phone.

Occasionally just turning the phone off and on helps with most glitches.

If your model of phone allows it remove the battery for a few seconds too.

If that does not help then please reply back with your model number and we may be able to assist further.

This could involve going into the phones settings or the performing of a Hard Reset.

A hard reset procedure can be found by performing a google search such as " Hard Reset of the Nokia ****

Try to make a back up of your data via a Pc Suite to save your data as such a procedure can delete your saved data.

Take care.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome.

Some phones have a setting whereby the screen goes off as soon as you answer a call so as to save on battery. My Samsung has such a setting and normally if I touch any button on the side like volume or power on/off or if I look at the phone the screen comes on. With checking those settings if they occur on the Nokia.

Also as already mentioned rebooting handsets clears most temporary issues.

Please let us know how you get on.
Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Lumia's dont like screen protectors so try without if you have fitted one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Thank you for replying,

I've done both the remove battery & and restored my phone, but neither have worked.

The model number is a nokia 520

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If a hard reset has not helped and nor has other advice on here then perhaps perform a google search and or leave a post on Nokia discussions.

A final avenue would be a Nokia Carepoint.

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/care-point/

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI i've took the screen protector off, but it's still doing it 😞

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

HI i've took the screen protector off, but it's still doing it 😞

That's a shame. 

Sometimes the most simple solution is the one that works. 

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

This sounds like the proximity sensor that is at fault.The proximity sensor is reading covered, similar to taking a call, putting it up to your face & screen blanks so you don't inadvertently hit the screen.

The screen gets switched off during a phone call when the proximity sensor is covered. This is done to avoid accidental touch screen actions when you are in a call.  What happens when you press the power (lock) key whilst in a call?

At the top of the screen (somewhere - look for a recessed hole barely discernable, below screen) is the proximity sensor, either it's blocked or heat from the device is causing the screen to come away from the housing, thus effectively blocking the sensor (it works on a specific gap). 

Push in on the upper right hand corner of the screen, see if that fixes it. Has the phone been dropped or repaired? Or is there some dust under the screen ? Has this just started or has it always always did this ?

I see you have checked that it isn't the screen protector, but could it be your case that is covering the sensor?

Do you have all the latest updates installed on your phone for apps and operating system, ie have you upgraded to Black?

Message 9 of 9