O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Other Devices (Nokia, Blackberry, etc)

Level 1: Joiner
NightyNightz
Accepted Solution

sim network unlock pin

Anyway to get one? I moved and therefore have to use a foreign network but I cant since its locked to O2. 

Please use plain text.
jonsie
Topics: 168
Solutions: 1,869

Re: sim network unlock pin

Fill in the handset unlock form

You need to have an O2 sim with £15 credit on for P&G. It's free on pay monthly.

Please use plain text.
jonsie

[ Edited ]

Taken from the support pages:

For Pay Monthly and Pay & Go customers

If you're a Pay Monthly customer then you can request for your handset to be unlocked at any time, free of charge. The only exception are handsets which are exclusive to O2 such as the Palm which remain locked to the O2 network as we want our customers to have the very best Smartphone experience.

Don't forget that you'll still need to honour the remainder of the minimum term of your contract even if you place a non-O2 sim into your phone.

If you're a Pay & Go customer, your O2 mobile can be unlocked 12 months after purchase for a one-off £15 fee which we'll deduct from your airtime balance.

To request for your phone to be unlocked, click here and complete the requested information.

Please use plain text.
NightyNightz

Right, thanks for the info, need to top up then. 

Thanks again. 

Please use plain text.
jonsie

Please use plain text.
ahtasham

same here. me too can not use my phone in abroad it ask for network unlock code and O2 is not sending it . :-(
Please use plain text.
jonsie

What phone do you have and did you buy it in the UK. Do you have an O2 sim in the card with credit of £15?

Have you filled in the unlock form and the money taken from the phone's airtime?

How long ago did you request the unlock?

Provide as much information as you can.

Please use plain text.
Lilley1

Hi,

I am living in Costa Rica, and I have requested a unlock simm code twice. I¡m a pay monthly customer. Each time my phone has rejected it. Please can you advise ? I have requested another one via your unlocking form however, I only have one try left on my phone before the whole thing shuts down !!!!!

Please use plain text.
perksie
Topics: 229
Solutions: 1,536

[ Edited ]

A sim unlock code (PUK) is not what we're discussing here, which is a network unlock code.

They are different and we need to be sure which one you want.

You can find your PUK in MyO2 or get it here:

http://www.o2.co.uk/puk/landing/

Please support the Disasters Emergency Committee appeal to send help to the Philippines.
Text DEC to 70000 (free text) to donate £5 or online: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Legacy O2 Simplicity 20 - O2 Wallet - Nexus 4 Android 4.4.4
Please use plain text.