O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Other Devices (Nokia, Blackberry, etc)

Level 1: Joiner
DazofHull

restriction code.

I would like the wife to temporarily use my spare nokia phone , but she is on a different provider. How do I find out the restriction code. Many thanx.
Please use plain text.
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
prking

restriction code.

You would need to contact O2. (Assuming that the spare phone was provided by O2 and locked to O2)
No - there isn't an app for it.
Please use plain text.
jonsie
Topics: 175
Solutions: 1,895

restriction code.

You would normally ring the network provider to which the phone is locked, who make a charge (around £15) to issue you with the unlock code. Alternatively, your local market stall/newsagent can unlock the phone for around £10, but unlocking this way may/may not lead to a loss of some features of the phone.
Please use plain text.
DazofHull

restriction code.

thank you.
Please use plain text.
maxsmokey

Nokia 6500c

I have a similar problem. I have a Nokia 6500c that I bought from o2, they assured me that it wasnt locked to the o2 network as I knew I would be coming back to South Africa, that would be a problem, when I got here, of course the damn was locked, I contacted o2 but as I hadnt had the phone for a year, they wouldnt unlock it. I bought another 6500c and have been using that one here and the other when I am in England.
This morning the SA phone was stolen in the gym, as things are here if you are not too careful, I now need to unlock the English phone, but the problem is, that when I try and send the email, it wont go through as I cant remember the number of that phone and the only place I had it was saved in the other phone.

Please someone help me, I dont want to just have to buy another phone.

Thank you in anticipation.
Please use plain text.
maxsmokey

Re: restriction code.

Just to let you know, I did, of course have to buy another phone, after paying the money and getting lots of unlock codes that didn't work. I am absolutely sorry that I ever dealt with 02 as I feel their untrained staff in the shop caused me to spend a lot of money buying 2 new cellphones. I gave up on trying to unlock the 6500c and took it back to the UK with me for my Mum to use, although she doesn't want to change from Orange.
So I have had a perfectly good phone, that I have been unable to use for almost 3 years.
Please use plain text.
adamtemp64
Topics: 222
Kudos: 951
Solutions: 1,018

Baby H it is just spam, flag it and never quote the links just keeps them going when the mods come along and moderate the spammer (flagged)
2 iPhone 5s 32gb on 4g 8gb tariff 1 iPhone 4s 16gb sim only on business contract
iPad 3 wifi-3g 64gb
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (still 2g only and it is 2014)
Please use plain text.
Level 44: Clearly Talented
Bambino

Okay. Will do next time. Thanks for the tip.
Please use plain text.