cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old sim is broken. cannot now do sim swap as the old phone will not read the sim.

Anonymous
Not applicable

that's basically my question. 

what do we do? the contract on the sim only plan is not up for another at least 7 months. 

can O2 send us out a sim pre-loaded with the old number or are we now going to have to change numbers? 

i'm so annoyed, not only is the phone now ruined as trying to put nano sim in micro slot. (husband not me) the sim is completely chewed up as well. 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Two options.

Call cusomer service and report the sim broken, they will send you out a replacement sim with your number which you will then have to activate by calling them.

Go into an o2 store with id and they should be able to replace the sim for you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Two options.

Call cusomer service and report the sim broken, they will send you out a replacement sim with your number which you will then have to activate by calling them.

Go into an o2 store with id and they should be able to replace the sim for you.

Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
When faced with the same problem I went to my local shop and all was swapped over in 10 mins.
You'll need a new sim reader in phone though too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous Please follow the good advice given to you by @jonsie and @MI5. Sounds as if you may need a new phone too. Please come back and update us with how you got on. Good luck.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

oh we're not worried about the phone being broken, it's the old phone that is broken in any case not the new one. i'll look at popping into an o2 shop as o2 customer service via the phone has been useless. *doh* lol 

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
10 mins in a shop it will be all done for free slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6