cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 email on kindle fire hd problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi, having a problem downloading emails to my kindle fire. it downloads the header but not the body, just goes busy then timesout... i can send ok. any ideas?
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144356 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Thought so.. it's the WiFi connection failing....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome.

Do you use O2 as your e mail provider as it's now no longer a service provided by O2 from 1/11/13. O2 e mail and broadband services has been shutdown and taken over by Sky.

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband-Setup-Connection-WiFi/Email-accounts-from-O2/ta-p/1490659

You may need to set up an alternative such as Hotmail and enter that e mail address details into your device.

Check the settings both within the device and the providers settings too.

You could try K-9 mail App.

From the Amazon Kindle Forum.

Hello.

I am sorry you are having difficulty retrieving emails through your Fire Email application. You may have the incoming server information input incorrectly. I am going to provide you some troubleshooting steps for you that may address your issue.

1. Open the Email app on Kindle Fire
2. Tap the e-mail account
3. Tap the menu button and Select "settings"
4. Tap "Incoming server"
5. Visit http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200830370
6. Verify the following information is correct:
IMAP/POP Server
Security Type
Authentication Type
Port
If your provider isn't listed, contact your e-mail server provider for POP3/IMAP settings.

7. Correct any errors in the settings and tap "Next", you will be returned to the home-screen.

8. Re-open the Fire Email application and the correct account to see if you are able to retrieve emails.

If the issue persists or if you require further assistance, please feel free to contact us here at Amazon Kindle Customer Support: http://www.amazon.com/kindlesupport

I hope this helps!
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144356 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Is this on WiFi?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
The fire Hd is only wifi
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144356 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Thought so.. it's the WiFi connection failing....

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is that a known problem mi5
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144356 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
It must be if I know about it wink

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very good wink
Message 8 of 8