cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nokia lumia fault and repairs?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive had my nokia lumia on contract for over a year now, and for no apparent reason the increase volume button and the on/off/screenlock button have stopped working. So now im stuck with a phone stuck on screenlock! How do i go about getting this repaired and is it covered as part of my contract or will i have to pay? Im a bit miffed as my contract isnt due for renewal til at least april 2015, and as much as i like the phone its now unusable!

I dont think i still have my receipt :s

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it will be covered although you MUST have proof of purchase. If no receipt?... Ring your contract network supplier and request a duplicate. This is "FACT" i recently went three months after UPS picked my lumia up for repair then lost it.... , Nokia wouldn't budge although i had tracking number, sent oic of box, imei number. Previous Bills with name, number ect ect.. Ring ur network customer services and request. posted to your address as they mayb try to email ur supplier and if it as mine was EE then the shop did not have facilities to receive documentation from an outside source.... 🙆 Sounds crazy but true. Good luck James

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Your Nokia has a two year warranty so should be covered for faulty parts as long as they haven't been damaged or subjected to water. You can either return it to O2 or deal directly with the manufacturer.

Call instore or ring customer service.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it will be covered although you MUST have proof of purchase. If no receipt?... Ring your contract network supplier and request a duplicate. This is "FACT" i recently went three months after UPS picked my lumia up for repair then lost it.... , Nokia wouldn't budge although i had tracking number, sent oic of box, imei number. Previous Bills with name, number ect ect.. Ring ur network customer services and request. posted to your address as they mayb try to email ur supplier and if it as mine was EE then the shop did not have facilities to receive documentation from an outside source.... 🙆 Sounds crazy but true. Good luck James
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Anonymous 

Thanks for your response, though it would have been better if you had replied on the original thread. I have asked for this to be moved wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Community Forum.

Have you considered a hard reset after making a back up. On occasion this and or turning the phone off and on can help.

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA141447

If no success due it being 'stuck' as you state ,then yes go through Nokia via a Carepoint.

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/care-point/

They will be able to check via the serial number or imei that it's still under warranty.

Some Carphone Warehouse Outlets have such repair centres in them.

Good luck.
Message 5 of 5