cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nokia 735

Anonymous
Not applicable

i got the wife a new phone, fairly happy with it, except, when you make a call, the screen turn's off making it a faff, it's difficult to light the screen up -by pushing power button a few times... and nigh on impossible to use the number pad for the automated options..like when you phone your voicemail box.... i cannot find any obvious setting to sort this out... any help would be much appreciated...

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

captainprice
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
Could be the screen protector interfering with the proximity sensor, the only other thing I could suggest is to take it off and see what happens
Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@captainprice wrote:
Could be the screen protector interfering with the proximity sensor, the only other thing I could suggest is to take it off and see what happens

I was thinking that.  Especially if it refuses to come on when the button is pressed.

Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

yah thought that myself after just checking on nokia site to see where sensor was, did'nt really want to remove it as cost about £10... removed protector and now it works... unfortunately, the tempered glass protector does not cover whole screen, the edge coming in about 5mm from edge of phone glass... plus the edges of screen protector went all cloudy, as it seems it did not adhere properly....

thanks for the help!!

Message 13 of 18

captainprice
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
@Anonymous glad you got it sorted
Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

yah thought that myself after just checking on nokia site to see where sensor was, did'nt really want to remove it as cost about £10... removed protector and now it works... unfortunately, the tempered glass protector does not cover whole screen, the edge coming in about 5mm from edge of phone glass... plus the edges of screen protector went all cloudy, as it seems it did not adhere properly....

thanks for the help!!

The glass screen protectors are usually quite good.  Seems you got unlucky.

Did it go cloudy after removing it, or was it like that whilst it was on the phone?

Message 15 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
All lumia's appear to hate screen protectors of any sort - they always cause that issue for some reason.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@captainprice wrote:

Good call @captainprice wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@captainprice wrote:

Awesome advice! @captainprice !

@Anonymous remember to mark a post as your solution if you found one! You can find that button on each reply you receive.

Message 18 of 18