cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought a mobile from Tescos which uses the O2 network or should do. The trouble is that I cant get a signal in my road but works fine elsewhere.

If I do a network search from any of my mobiles then I can get a signal from Virgin/EE and Vodafone but only rarely is there a signal from O2.

I can see the masts which accoprding to the O2 map are theirs.

All I can think of is that O2 is no longer supporting 2G which my mobile is

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Put your postcode in here to see status of network and what you can receive. There should be no problem receiving 2g at all http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last week that showed no problems but now its showing that masts are being worked on in my area. Still no signal.

I think this must just be a 2g problem otherwise O2 would be aware

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Even though Tesco uses the O2 network, it is a separate and distinct company, and your contract is with Tesco. If you are having reception problems you need to speak to Tesco Customer Care. O2 will not respond to any of your queries.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Last week that showed no problems but now its showing that masts are being worked on in my area. Still no signal.

I think this must just be a 2g problem otherwise O2 would be aware

That would explain the problem then.

Phone is obviously OK as it works elsewhere.

2g maintenance is not uncommon and shouldn't take long to complete.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5