cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my blackberry dived down the toilet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

well long story cut short blackberry flew down the toilet and i have dried it out fully havnt put battery back in until now its been 3 days and i am so gutted its not even turning on or having the red light! i have currently just become unemployed due to personal reasons and am currently looking for a job and in the mean time i dont know what to do about my phone.

do i cash it in as repairs,throw it in the bin or can it be fixed i cant afford to buy a new one atm, so gutted.

any help would be much appreciated 

thankyou morgannn xxxx

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
May be dead but maybe not be fully dried out either. You should ideally leave it in a sealed bag of uncooked rice in the airing cupboard for at least a week. If still no good your best bet would be a local repair shop which are usually cheaper than the likes of CPW etc...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
May be dead but maybe not be fully dried out either. You should ideally leave it in a sealed bag of uncooked rice in the airing cupboard for at least a week. If still no good your best bet would be a local repair shop which are usually cheaper than the likes of CPW etc...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

thankyou! damn i had curry the other night aswell have to get some rice in the morning and try that do you think i should give up after a week of drying it out? i dont wanna give up n then think to my self what if i waited another day and it worked. 😞 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
After a week it should give you some idea if it's ever gonna work again....

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4