O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner
gsmith101

media file received w2m

Hi, for some reason i have received about 20 media file texts in the last couple of hours ,how can I stop them??????
cheers
Please use plain text.
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
prking

media file received w2m

Do you mean you have received 20 media messages?
If you don't want to receive any media messages then delete the settings on your phone.
Or is the problem something to do with these twenty messages in particular (eg are they duplicates or from people you don't know)?
Forgive my ignorance but what does W2M refer to?
No - there isn't an app for it.
Please use plain text.
gsmith101

media file received w2m

, Hi sorry if i didn't make myself clear, what I mean is that I have received about 20 media texts from the same sender? What happens is when I receive the text I get a message MEDIA MESSAGE RECEIVED W2M ,I have not opened any texts ,just deleted them???
Please use plain text.
prking

media file received w2m

Are these text messages which say 'Media Message......' or actual media messages?
You will have to open one to find out what its about. If its a spam message then forward it to O2 (7726). Let us know what its about.
Please use plain text.
gsmith101

media file received w2m

They are actual media messages , I opened one this morning and took me to a video download site? wanting me to subscribe! it had a option to click yes or no to still receive messages clicked no and not had one since???? ,that was about an hour ago.I was going to forward it on to 02 (7726) but it did'nt have the option , so hopefully the messages have stopped??
Thanks prking for your replies
Please use plain text.
prking

media file received w2m

Hopefully they have. If you do get them again there are two things you can do.
If they come from a phone number then you can use the phonepayplus.org.uk website to make an official complaint.
If they don't have a number then you can contact the information commissioner's office for advice.
Please use plain text.
gsmith101

media file received w2m

Thanks for that information, no they don't come with a phone number just a strange looking web address,which looks like a lot of random letters and numbers???,
Thanks again..
Please use plain text.
prking

media file received w2m

Ah, this sounds like something called a WAP Push message (some handsets call them browser messages). You can turn these off on most phones without stopping media messages. It might be in your message settings or it might be in your browser settings.
If you do get a problem with them, then the Information Commissioner is the place to report them.
Please use plain text.