O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Other Devices (Nokia, Blackberry, etc)

Level 2: Apprentice
MaFt

iPhone 3G APN Settings

Can someone confirm the iPhone 3G APN settings for Web, Visual Voicemail and MMS?

MMS and web work fine with wap.o2.co.uk / vertigo / password but visual voicemail doesn't - all i get is standard 901 voicemail.

i had to reset network settings as i was having issues with os3 data settings and they reverted back to the default idata.o2.co.uk (which i then changed to wap.o2.co.uk)

i've also seen mobile.o2.co.uk with vertigo and password... do they make any difference?!

MaFt

ps - i'm a developer hence os3 / mms
Please use plain text.
Level 7: Part Timer
Strange_Visitor

iPhone 3G APN Settings

The WAP APN is a little outdated now I think.

PAYG is payandgo.o2.co.uk

Contract is mobile.o2.co.uk (that's the one I use)

AFAIK visual voicemail is only available on iPhone tariffs.

SV
Handset: Samsung Galaxy S 8GB, Android 2.3.3
Tablet: Google Nexus 7, Android 4.1
Please use plain text.
saeedk786

iPhone 3G APN Settings

for some reason everytime i try and send a mms, it changes back to idata.o2.co.uk in MMS. when i change it back to wap.o2.co.uk or even mobile.o2.co.uk it still changes back.

Does this mean people with simplicity sims wont be able to send MMS?
Please use plain text.
Strange_Visitor

iPhone 3G APN Settings

Does this mean people with simplicity sims wont be able to send MMS?

AFAIK only iPhone tariffs have MMS disabled (until 19th). So standard contract SIMs should work fine.

SV
Please use plain text.
MaFt

iPhone 3G APN Settings

mms is working already if you have os3.0

i have a simplicity contract in an iphone so maybe that is why visual voicemail won't work as it's not technically an iphone contract.

it's no biggy...!

have changed the apn from wap.o2.co.uk to mobile.co.uk and all seems to work (mobile web, mms etc)

cheers for confirmation!

MaFt
Please use plain text.
Level 1: Joiner
AlecEdworthy

iPhone 3G APN Settings

Unfortunately I am finding that the MMS APN keeps getting reset to idata.o2.co.uk. This only affects the MMS APN and not the Cellular Data one (although saying that it has remained as wap.o2.co.uk since around lunchtime now which is the longest so far). The side effect of this of course is an inability to send or receive MMS messages. Fingers crossed that whatever it was resetting it has stopped now... :smileyhappy:

Alec
Please use plain text.
MaFt

iPhone 3G APN Settings

playing about again with MMS and have found that MMS will only send with wap.o2.co.uk in MMS settings and will not send via mobile.o2.co.uk - so using mobile. for data and visual voicemail and wap. for MMS...!

MaFt
Please use plain text.
Vini

iPhone 3G APN Settings

playing about again with MMS and have found that MMS will only send with wap.o2.co.uk in MMS settings and will not send via mobile.o2.co.uk - so using mobile. for data and visual voicemail and wap. for MMS...!
MaFt

I'm using a PAYG iPhone 3g, with a Simplicity Sim, and Unlimited Web Bolt On.

With the idata.o2.co.uk I was also getting the 'you are not subscribed to a data package' error. I presume this is for iPhone tariff users only?

I updated my config to mobile.o2.co.uk and I could browse and tether. But not send MMS.

I then changed the MMS APN to wap.o2.co.uk and I could send MMS.

My settings now appear as mobile.o2.co.uk for Data and Visual Voicemail (never used this so don't know if it works, is it an iPhone Tariff only thing?) and I have wap.o2.co.uk for MMS.

Wether or not it stays like this, who knows, but for me its working now.

Tethering resulted in speeds of;

Please use plain text.
Strange_Visitor

iPhone 3G APN Settings

Vini

I've got a standard contract SIM and have input the same APN's as you (mobile for web & wap for mms).

idata is for iPhone contracts as you rightly said. And Visual Voicemail too, should only work on iPhone tariffs.

For future reference the settings for non-iPhone tariffs with an iPhone are here:

http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/settings.html

SV
Please use plain text.
Vini

iPhone 3G APN Settings

For future reference the settings for non-iPhone tariffs with an iPhone are here:
http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/settings.html
SV

SV, wasn't aware of the link, but backs up what MaFt, myself and no doubt all the others are now doing.

Perfect! :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Ask a Question
Welcome