cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fire os

Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone know when 3.6.8 will be released as others have already?

Just wondered if o2 will ever see the update?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

No new info but remember O2 has an exclusive on the Fire Phone within the UK so the "others" that have it are likely to be in the US market. I'd recommend checking this US Amazon page out: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201531560

As you can see, the 3.6.8 update brings no new features/changes over and above the previous version, but includes optimisations only for SIM free handsets - so, that update is unlikely to apply to UK Fire Phones I'm afraid.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Chris_K is the best one to tell you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

No inf yet about new software updates for the fire phone, but here is some inf that might be useful...

Software updates are performed Over the Air, ensure you are using a Wi-Fi connection.
Fire OS software updates automatically download and install on your Fire phone when connected wirelessly.

Users will be prompted three times to download over Wi-Fi, after the third attempt the software will download and install over the mobile network. This will usually happen overnight.

To update the software:

1. Press the Menu Key
  2. Tap settings
  3. Tap Device
  4. Tap Install system updates
  5. Tap  check now
  6. Hope this helps slight_smile
Message 4 of 6

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

No new info but remember O2 has an exclusive on the Fire Phone within the UK so the "others" that have it are likely to be in the US market. I'd recommend checking this US Amazon page out: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201531560

As you can see, the 3.6.8 update brings no new features/changes over and above the previous version, but includes optimisations only for SIM free handsets - so, that update is unlikely to apply to UK Fire Phones I'm afraid.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

The 3.6.8 update is very important, because it allows you to run Google services. This means that core Google functionality, such as Google Maps, or Google Now cannot run on the phone. The functionality of the phone is crippled without this update. iPhones, Samsung phones, LG, Moto, etc. - just about every make of phone out there will allow you to run these applications. 

Message 6 of 6