cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extremely high data usage on my blackberry

Anonymous
Not applicable

for the last 12 months i have been in contact with 02 about my high data usage and just keep getting fobbed off, i have my 02 data turned off aprt from 4 hours a day, when i only use it on and off for whatsapp and facebook, so not continuos, the rest of the time i use wifi, i also have automatic updates turned off , yet they still say my data usage is highest at midnight, which i believe is the update time ... my data which i never ran out of before now lasts me an average of 10 days !!!! , is anyone had the same problem ? did anyone get it sorted? or are 02 just allowed to keep ripping us off like this??

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Click on system and it will give you details on what part of the system is doing it and also what is being used in mobile Web and wifi 

Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I ALWAYS GET THIS, please see my post "data issue". I have raised a complaint and gotten £5 off for a year believe it or not but they still say it is due to the data being used up at 00.00 which makes no sense as I have had data switched off for weeks... it's really annoying me. I went into O2 and spoke to the girl who seems just ask confused. This seems to be an ongoinbg problem. Make a complaint and they should realise it is happening A LOT. It is ridiculous, I like you only use my data for social networking etc and have it turned off when not using it and have wifi in the house. I have 2gb and it gets used up within 2 weeks. And btw no one here really understand because they keep saying the same nonsense. I am not an idiot and i believe neither are you... everything is turned off, data, automatic updates, background app refresh EVERYTHING and yet data is used up unbelievably quick. TBH I might go to the ombudsman because it is ridiculous, how do I know that when I upgrade 5mb isn't going to be used up in 2 weeks. I started with 1gb and when up to 2gb and runs out at the same time? I also bought 500mb of data and had my data turned off yet i got a text within 5 mins saying 80% had been used. COMPLAIN please, help a sista out cause if we all complain they might investigate.
Message 12 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143405 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You need to gather evidence off your phone's data usage chart and use that to challenge what O2 are saying you are using.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
What does the data usage report on your phone say tho, as MI5 says, you need to get that info to see
1 what it is using data if it is indeed being used
2 to report to O2 the real usage your device is using.
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh well that's all very good but I just upgraded my phone and wiped the old one... So blackberry user should do that... I on the other hand will have to see if getting 5gb makes a difference...
Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

IMG_00000453.png

Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me explain the previous post. The above is data usage of my spare Q5 on Virgin mobile, I'm using up the data plan until the contract runs out. As you can see the BlackBerry "phones home" every hour, something around 6kb. The high figure of useage occurs when I use the phone as a mobile wifi hotspot which I connect to my BlackBerry playbook.  

Neither my BlackBerry passport which is on o2 or the Q5 on Virgin uses an excessive amount of data, so the problem is probably the fault of o2 since you have turned off your data. 

If possible do a security swipe on the phone and reactivate or if possible borrow another o2 sim and use it in your phone and see what happens. 

I hope this helps. 

Message 17 of 17