cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dell tablet

Anonymous
Not applicable

I took a dell tablet on contract in May, l couldn't use it because it wasn't switching on, so l took it back for repair, because they couldn't fix it they sent me another one. This one it wasn't charging, so l took it back to the shop, they sent it for a repair and they couldn't fix it again, so they sent me a bigger one, for the third time, this big dell is still not charging so l took it back to the shop to be told that we can sent it back for repair.

Can you imagine every time l am taking this dell back to the shop to drop and collect its costing me £20 in fuel, for how long can l keep doing this.  The customer service said they is nothing they can do apart from sending it for repair, now I wonder if I am the only person having this problem with the dell tablet,  so today l left it at the shop, l am not going back there and l am not paying them anymore nomatter what they are going to do, enough is enough with this o2 dell tablet. They will not get a penny from me anymore

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

It seems extraordinary  bad luck to have charging problems on 2 machines. In over 20 years I have experienced one such failure.

Whilst the laptop is under warranty I personally would deal with manufacturer  dependent on the terms of the warranty O2 provide with it.

Think very hard about your intended course of action , you are mature enough to know your own mind and I'm hoping mature  enough to have thought through the serious  effects on your credit file and life for the next six years.

Start by making a complaint  using the link in my signature directly below or at foot of every page.

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi revaihenu and welcome to the forum.

What a very unfortunate experience you've had.

I Understand fully how frustrated you are and I'm sure as said you know the possible ramifications of not paying for an item or stopping a direct debit.

Personally I would have lost faith in the product and perhaps asked for a device from a different manufacturer , but that's me. Something I've known them do as a goodwill gesture.

Speak to O2 Customer Services via http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus and fully brief them Of the history and the expense you've incurred. They have been known to allow a goodwill gesture to help cover a customers costs even though they don't have to. They may also push the situation to having the tablet swapped out for another make and model if you wish to ask.

Remember They have a Duty Of Care to you as much as you do to them to pay for the product.

Please let us know how you get on.
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

It sounds as if you are on your THIRD machine since May?. Absolutely ridiculous that you have had this problem each time. ...

If I were you I would insist on a different make of tablet in exchange.I wouldn't be happy with Dell now, I am afraid.

Persistence is the key and honestly you can't just walk away from a contract. The implications of doing that have been explained.

That said...O2 have a responsibility to ensure you have goods in full working order. You are, after all, paying them on a contractual basis

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous , that's quite a lot of trouble you have had with that tablet!!

I don't know if you are aware of this but instead of having to travel to the store every time you can call 202 and be transferred to the returns and repairs department.They will send you out pre Paid jiffy bags so that you don't incur in any charges.Also they can address all the problems you have had and as it's the 3rd faulty tablet you have, they will have a lot more flexibility than the store when it comes to finding a solution.Hope this helps:smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have asked them for a different make, but they said they can't give me a different one, and l also asked them to post it to my address and they said its not possible. So now l am waiting for Monday to contact the ombudsmen, probably they can assist me 

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Have you followed o2's complaint process as that's the first thing any outside body will ask.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
Message 7 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144097 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You have to follow the O2 complaints process and exhaust that before the Ombudsman will take your case on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8