on 25-08-2013 07:37
My blcackberry has a large battery sign with a red cross through it in the centre of the screen - appeared when plugged in to recharge a completely dead battery. After 12-14 hours this is still on the screen and I can not turn the Blackberry on. I changed the battery to one from an old handset. This sign appeared immediately, and again after hourse charging I can not turn the handset on. Assuming now the handset is the problem and not the battery? Anyone know what to do?
Solved! Go to Solution.
25-08-2013 10:11 - edited 25-08-2013 10:16
If I recall that can mean a non authentic battery is being used.
Its possible the handset is reading the battery wrong.
Clean the contacts on the battery and all the ports on the phone using an artists paint brush or new toothbrush.
Take the battery out (with it still plugged in)
Wait 5 minutes
Put the battery back in (still plugged in)
Let it charge for at least one hour before touching it
If no joy then seek assistance from Blackberry Customer Services.
*A Warm Welcome to the O2 Community Forum where Customers help fellow Customers.
A place to obtain advice, learn and chat*
iPhone 6+ ~ iOS 8.1.1
iPad Air ~ iOS 8.1.1
Mea familia est mea vita.
on 26-08-2013 12:34 - last edited on 28-08-2013 15:14 by Toby
What you are seeing on the screen means that the battery is dead, its stiff, bereft of life, it rests in peace. Your battery has kicked the bucket, shuffled off its mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. It is an ex battery!
Weirdly, and I accept no responsibility for any damage that doing this may cause, this thread on Crackberry advises that dropping or hitting the phone will make it work again after seeing this fault: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-curve-83xx
Putting another battery in should work, so long as it is of the same specification for that phone. Just because the 2nd battery fits doesn't mean it'll work.
The advice given above is worth trying, but generally i would suggest buying a new genuine battery, they don't cost much. It could of course simply be a problem with the contacts between the phone and the battery.
If you have a recent backup of the phone, and you dont mind starting from scratch again, you could try one of the following solutions: