cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amazon fire phone

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just recently brought this phone from ebay. I am currently an o2 pay monthly customer i would like the sim unlock code. I have filled out the form and had the reply. Its wasnt on o2 phone.
I spoke to a customer service advisor and explained .
They said yes it is o2 but they cannot give me the code as the original person needs to. I asked the seller from ebay and he wasnt the original owner just brought it and sold it on. My question is why cant o2 provide me with the unlock code. I am willing to pay if need be.
Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
I received an email with attachment outlining there investigation. Which stated as I didn't buy it from there stock. They will not unlock it. Its the principal of the matter that is now annoying me. So thank you I think the next step is going to the Ombudsman.
Message 21 of 64

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
I would be the same.
I can't see why they are being so awkward about it tbh...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 64

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know its only the unlock code. I have renewed my contract as I am happy with the service. Just want to give it to my son.
Message 23 of 64

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
All we can do is wish you luck and keep fingers crossed for you.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 64

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for all your help I will again let you know how I get on
Message 25 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

A long sad saga this. A timely lesson about buying the firephone (or not as the case may be)......:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 64

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
It seems the issue is with the phones that O2 had exclusivity on?

Currently using:
Message 27 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I am struggling to remember now Rich.. but wasnt that all the phones from Amazon (unless you bought sim free unlocked) I can't recall them using any other network??...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 64

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
I think O2 had it exclusively until April this year.....?

Currently using:
Message 29 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Ahhh I never looked at it again after first release ...It got such a panning from the critics I lost interest.

However this business of networks refusing to unlock is outrageous if honest. Amazon MUST have had some sort of deal with O2 put in place before they launched it......It seems it's only the Firephone thats causing problems though. I mean I could buy an O2 locked phone from Argos any time....would O2 refuse to unlock that?.....Same thing surely?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 64