cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amazon fire phone

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just recently brought this phone from ebay. I am currently an o2 pay monthly customer i would like the sim unlock code. I have filled out the form and had the reply. Its wasnt on o2 phone.
I spoke to a customer service advisor and explained .
They said yes it is o2 but they cannot give me the code as the original person needs to. I asked the seller from ebay and he wasnt the original owner just brought it and sold it on. My question is why cant o2 provide me with the unlock code. I am willing to pay if need be.
Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you I have submitted the form will let you know when I hear back
Message 11 of 64

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just had a replied from o2 stating they cannot help me as this is not an o2 device????. Got my sim card in the phone its locked to o2 so how can it not be???. I have finished my contract and only want the network unlock code please??
Message 12 of 64

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Are you 100% sure it is locked?
That is the usual message you get back for a sim free phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 64

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I have tried another sim card and it asks for the code I have submitted an email about this. I have just renewed my contract only require the network unlock code
Message 14 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I have googled this Lots of customers saying they had a similar problem. The answer always is that O2 are responsible for the unlock. A thread earlier in the year here

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Devices-Nokia-Blackberry/Amazon-fire-phone-Unlocking/td-p/891438

And another one

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Devices-Nokia-Blackberry/Amazing-frustration-Amazon-Fire-Phone-un...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 64

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It is definitely o2's responsibility so you should raise a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 64

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have sent a email and see were that get me. Thank you for your help. Will keep you informed
Message 17 of 64

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yes, please do let us know how this goes.
You should get a reply in 7 working days time.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 64

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello been a while well I have been through too the complaints department on the phone too o2 on many occasions and to amazon. And o2 refuse to unlock the phone stating."As I brought the phone from a third party it is not o2's responsibility and I have to go to amazon". Amazon replied sorry tonhear your having problems unlocking your phone but as it was purchased before April 1st 2015 we cannot provide the unlock code and it is your carrier in this case o2 to provide you with the unlock code.
So I am now at a dead end were to go both o2 and Amazon very very unhelpful. And very reluctant to help.
Message 19 of 64

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Have you got a deadlock letter from complaints?
If so, go to the Ombudsman.
All details on link http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Currently using:
Message 20 of 64