cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z10 BIS Data

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Okay so before the Z10 was released, we had traditional BIS for our BlackBerry phones. When your data ran out, you could still use the BIS services like BBM, etc. Althought the internet browser became very slow, presumably to indicate that you did not have any data left for that. My concern now is that since we no longer have BIS on the Z10, does that mean you get shut off completely when your normal o2 data runs out? Has anyone experienced this?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Although regarding the logging in thing, you must have had to log in to your BlackBerry ID when you got your phone or made significant changes like replacing your SIM, changing data plans, etc. This has always been a feature.

Nope, the only time I remember needing my Blackberry ID on my Z10 was to setup BBM and to access BlackBerry World. Losing your data connection won't affect these and they will reconnect the next time you get a data signal.

As mentioned above, use WiFi as much as possible and you will still be able to BBM, Email and access the internet when connected to it.

Or as mentioned above as well, you can add a data bolt-on to tide you over.

Have you considered installing an app like Usage Pro to keep a track of your data usage over the course of a month? 

Message 11 of 11