Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube on BlackBerry 9810

Asdic_Ping
Level 4: Observant
  • 87 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I wonder if anyone can help me. I am able to play youtube videos over wifi on my BB browser but when I am out and using the O2 3G network they refuse to play. Anyone know of a solution to this problem. If it's any help I'm a pay monthly customer. Thanks.

BlackBerry 9300, 9810 & Playbook
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Everywhere or just in some locations?
Any specific error messages?
Maybe worth doing a speedtest to see if the network is delivering data fast enough to stream from.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Asdic_Ping
  • 87 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thanks for the reply. Everywhere. There is no error message just buffering on a black background. I've tried playing vidoes in the centre of London and where I live in east London and as you would expect both locations have strong 3G connections so I don't think its a network speed issue that is the cause.

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If internet is working well in those locations then so should you tube.
3g congestion is a problem in densely populated areas but a speedtest would confirm it.
I'll look around and see if I can find anything else for you....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Had a quick look around and a few are saying that the BB You Tube app doesn't work on the O2 network (something to do with security protocols) but they say that this app does work https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/1486/?countrycode=DE&lang=en

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Asdic_Ping
  • 87 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thanks MI5 maybe I'll give that app a try. Where did you get the info on the BB youtube app?

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
The main complaints were coming from giffgaff forum.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Asdic_Ping
  • 87 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Unfortunately that app you suggested doesn't work. I think youtube recently updated its API's rendering some older apps useless. It looks like I'll have to stick with wifi for any youtube content. Thanks for your help anyway.

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Sorry about that mate.
There are other options you could try such as viewing in a web browser on the mobile you tube page.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9