cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows phone 8.1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Windows phone 8.1 should be announced today with a rumoured release date of 23rd April.
So question is, how long until O2 get it out to us? I'm starting my campaign now due the stupidly long wait for gdr3 on huawei w1.
Message 1 of 68
67 REPLIES 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just spoken to O2 re Windows Phone 8.1.  They have stated that they haven't got any updates as yet but as soon as they have them they will publish it on the website.  I'm not sure if they will also let you know by text when it's ready??  If you've got your WP setup to automatically download updates then as soon as it's ready then you'll have a notification on your screen anyway.

Hope this helps.

Message 31 of 68

ianh
Level 3: Thinker
  • 68 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There are strong rumours of 8.1 starting to roll out across the world. Any news on the home front yet? Has the Nokia Lumia Cyan been released to providers?

Message 32 of 68

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi ianh,

I'm still waiting for some more info. Sorry for the wait!

As soon as myself and the team receive an update, we'll let everyone know slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 33 of 68

ianh
  • 68 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Toby. I'm guessing the new Lumia 930 will be released before the 8.1 update?

Message 34 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im waiting on the Lumia 930 release date to.

Launch date keeps getting put back.

At least the 930 will come with Windows 8.1 out the box.

Message 35 of 68

ianh
  • 68 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm not waiting for the 930. I want the update for my 1020. I was just wondering if O2 might hold back the 8.1 update for older handsets until their new flagship 8.1 phone launches.

Call me cynical wink

Message 36 of 68

captainprice
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
They shouldn't do once Nokia release it and o2 approve it but after the time it took to release black for my 620 I downloaded the 8.1 preview edition
Message 37 of 68

ianh
  • 68 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I considered that but decided to wait as I thought it would be out by now. Am regretting that now.

Message 38 of 68

ianh
  • 68 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I hope this comes to O2's Windows Phone 8.1 handsets too .. Cortana meets O2 Live Tiles

Message 39 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ianhYou can still download the developer preview if you want to try it but be aware that you would invalidate your warranty with O2 and you would have to accept there are some minor issues that firmware will fix. If you are using a Nokia device then rolling back to WP8 is a fairly painless process.

I'm running the WP8.1 DP on the phone in my sig and aside from the camera not working, firmware will fix that though, it's stable enough to use as a daily driver.

Message 40 of 68